Client Crashes

If something's not working right, let us know here.
Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Time for a new phone :P

I suspect the crashes are caused by the corrupted blocks, where a resource and a building occupy the same square.

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 pm

My S4 plays it fine too.

And that's an older model.

I do need a new phone but too busy to go to the store atm.

I don't even make it passed the Ironzog logo for it to be something on game. Lol.

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 pm

I've uploaded a new Android client for you to try. It's not much different from the one you have, but maybe there was something peculiar about that build that's causing the problem.

If that doesn't work, here's a way you could get the client log out of it, which might contain some clues about what's happening:

Install the Android SDK's platform tools on your PC (https://developer.android.com/studio/re ... tools.html) then connect your phone to your PC via USB and in a console cd to the "AndroidSDK\platform-tools\" directory and run "adb logcat -d > logcat.txt" immediately after the crash happens on your phone. The log will be saved to a file called logcat.txt in the platform-tools directory. You can e-mail that to me and hopefully it will let me know what went wrong.

Napoleon

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:52 am

I downloaded the new client, and it still caused the same thing. Crashed after the ironzog sign.

I can't do the second thing until i get home from work, but ill give it a go when i have a chance.

Napoleon

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 am

Yeah, I don't know what to do exactly.

This is as far as I got lol.

When I type in what you said, it doesn't do anything.

Looks like I'm not playing Beta right away :P
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (39.76KiB)Viewed 11268 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (107.31KiB)Viewed 11268 times

Mike
Site Admin

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm

You would need to:
1) unzip that platform tools .zip file you downloaded
2) Open up a command line console (Under "run" you can type "cmd.exe" to do this) (It looks like the console you have open in the screenshot above is SQLite, which is different.)
3) use the "cd" command to get to the directory you've unzipped the platform tools into.
4) With the phone connected by USB, run WoC, and right after it crashes type "adb logcat -d > logcat.txt" into the command line console. That should save the phone's log to a file called "logcat.txt" in the platform tools directory.

Napoleon

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Yeah, you are talking to a guy who has literally never done that before in my life.

Here's what I did get to... I don't know if that is even working, if I as a betting man I would say I am way off.

I unzipped the whole folder.

I opened up cmd.exe.

I typed in cd.

I plugged my phone into the computer, opened woc and it crashed, then I typed the line in you wanted me too.

I however, know it didn't work. Minor details can effect the outcome of something that someone doesn't know how to do lol
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (81.07KiB)Viewed 11264 times

Sphinx

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:06 pm

First unzip the zip file if you havent.
Then open the folder.

Easiest is actually to click on the folder address bar there where it says "this pc > downloads ... ", empty it and type cmd. It opens the same console window, but with the location correct already.

Alternative way would be to open the console like before but type in as first command: "cd C:\Users\John\Downloads\foldernamehere", where you replace the foldernamehere with the folder that was created during unzipping, all without quotes.

If you have done the cd (change directory) part correctly, the prompt should say the folder path instead of "C:\Users\John" that it is saying now. Then you can continue with the other stuff.

Napoleon

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:15 pm

The folders unzipped in the downloads folder, C:\Users\John\Downloads\platform-tools-latest-windows\platform-tools

The rest I couldn't make heads or tales of.

Sphinx

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Do what you did before. Open the command prompt window. Where you typed just "cd" instead type (without " "):
"cd C:\Users\John\Downloads\platform-tools-latest-windows\platform-tools"
Then continue with the adb thing that Mike instructed.

• Information