Same shit different pile

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Auralprophet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:06 am

So forced rebirth is a thing, which is garbage in my opinion, but that is neither here nor there.
Now, instead of having one nation hold orbs and build defenses, you have multiple nations and just swap one out for another as they rebirth. So the same people hold the orbs continually.

Im Having difficulty putting this all into words, but I'm very disappointed with the direction this game is headed.

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:32 am

We used to have fealty to try to help prevent that.

Now i know fealty wouks be hard to implement... however we may need something as a supplement.

I propose you have a downtime before you can log into another username.

Imagine i log into Nap1, after about some time playing. I log off and try to log into Nap2 but the server says "unable to log in, must wait 5 hours".

That would prevent someone from logging in and out of nations quickly and evacuating a settling "trading off" resources or orbs.

That timer doesn't prevent the person from logging in Nap1 again. Only from logging into other usernames for 5 hours. However, logging into Nap1 again resets the timer.

This doesn't prevent people from using multiple devices. But it makes it harder for one device people to do this.

It is just a rough idea which may be a trash idea anyway. But i do agree with him, something needs to be done.

Besides MP means nothing if people can just use multiple nations. Might as well scrap MP if you choose to do nothing about multiple accounts and nations.

Sphinx

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 am

We just don't have enough people playing. More different "factions" would make it harder for alt nations to rule alongside main nations.

I don't like the login prevention idea. There could be a better way to incentivise players to play with only one nation. Have no good suggestions though.

Zero

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 am

Let open beta come, lets see what happens when number of active players increase. Maybe changes in tactics will occur. Since any exploit present in-game can be exploited by all, it levels out the benefit to one player. What one can use against others can be used by others as well against you. Already game is nowhere close to the game where it had started, before implementing any major changes lets see how the game is taken and played when player number skyrockets a bit.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 am

I agree with waiting until we see how it plays with more players, before looking at changes like this.

Keep in mind that anything that can be done by one player using multiple nations, can also be done by multiple players using multiple nations. So once there are a bunch of players, there will be a lot of allied players handing off orbs to each other, not just single players doing it with multiple nations. Keeping a single player from doing it wouldn't stop it from happening, it would just give greater advantage to allied groups over individuals.

Loki

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 pm

An Idea I have for an incentive to play in 1 nation. attach an exp bonus to the username and the home nation they created the name from. When the username is in it's own home nation it would have say a 10% exp boost when the name is in the nation it created. this could help smaller nations grow into a competitive level a bit faster and would be an incentive to play in the nation you created with that namke rather than an allies nation.

just a thought.

• Information