Orb Pay

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Mike
Site Admin

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:26 pm

There may be something to the idea of higher payout when there is more competition for orbs, especially if the amount of competition fluctuates a lot. I'll give this some more thought.

As for orbs paying out by the minute, they already do -- every 30 seconds in fact. You can't see that on a noon because it only adds up to 1 full credit each hour.

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah I noticed it paid out by the minute, I was trying to tell these guys that.

But, i realize they haven't had a chance to hold any of the larger orbs (sorry about that), to fully see that I meant.

I like the way it is like that, if you increase pay out that's great too, my idea was in the context of making it easier on you with a maximum and a minimum incorporated in the pay.

The idea may not be plausible now, but in the future it may, and having the idea already in the back of your mind can have you ready with a potential plan.... or spur another idea from it all together.

Duke
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 pm

I support Naps idea and think we should try it.

As for Mcbeevys idea, I think a high payout like that is not a good one at all.... unless your goal is to have the most dominant team trying to take over every single orbs on the map. With proper incentive, they will do that. Your logic is just like the burger flippers and dishwashers in America asking for $15 minimum wage. It will only cause inflation issues.

Loki

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:09 am

Yea that will never work the way beefy suggests and as Mike mesntioned the Higher tier orbs will pay more often. They dont pay.. say 16 for the fire orb exactly in an hour... theyll pay 16 over an hour. Hence why i feel like we could have mroe than 1 orb of fire :p

My proposal for orb pays would be more like a 400% increase. Scale all orb payy types up by 5% so noons would pay 5.. shadow 10... void 20.. Destinty 40 and fire 120. Not sure how "realistic" this is as nap states it lol. But thats one idea.

Another idea of mine for this would be to Have The orbs permanently increase pays for every 10,000 credits purchased in the game. say like a .5% or 1% increase... forever.... for every 10k credits the players as a community purchase. Then if you hads a player who wanted to make the game more fun for themselves and everyone and they had the spare money they could buy a ton of creds (yay for mike) and the game would FOREVER benefit from this. Or even every 100k. some number... Just a thought I had.

• Information