Orb Pay

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Alright, I may be jumping the gun here. But this is a game balance for the FUTURE.

However, the idea of orb pay has come to mind, and I wanted to spitball the idea now. I know I have mentioned better orb payout before and YES I KNOW IT'S ALPHA. My suggestion isn't for now, it's for the future.

Something needs to be hardwired into the system of the game to determine how well orbs pay.

One idea is the amount of players online, say if we hit 100 people online, orb pay could increase 50%. The number is just spit balling, but more people online means more people fighting, and it means more people taking orbs and orbs changing hands.

If orbs change hands 3 times in one hour, it would suck to get nothing from it.

And yes, there could be scenarios where the Fire Orb pays 1000c an hour with a ton of people online. But come on, doesn't that sound awesome?

Mr-Beefy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:27 pm

I do not feel that a fluxuating orb payyout is a good idea. It should remain a solid yet higher number. There is no money involved and people like to feel like they are getting very rich....

I have a crazy proposal.....

I mean it is VERY crazy......

Almost Ludacris... But I think you should try it for a day or two if nothing else.....

Instead of having orb pay b y the hour...... How about having them pay by the minute...................... :shock:

so.. Noons would be 60 credits an hour..... Shadows 120 credits an hour......... Voids 240 an hour............. Destiny would be 480 per hour and the fire would be .......... 960 an hour ......

I feel that this would give everyone playing the capability of being able to achieve anything they want with enough hard work............ The guys withh the Viods and higher are the only ones making any currency worth competing for...... This would trigger massive fighting at all stages of the game because you could afford your perms.... and your temps.... and also feel like a tycoon!!!!! like your actually accomplishing somethig.... not like the credits are real money now.

Napoleon

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:19 am

How is it not a good idea?

You are telling me as you have more and more people play the pay rate wouldn't need to be adjusted for the orbs that are continuously changing hands?

Your idea in return is totally unrealistic.

The idea i am proposing gives an unmonitored way for mike to flucuate orb pay depending on how much activity is in the game and that sir, is not unreasonable at all.

If you don't like it because you want to pitch your own idea fine that's cool dude.

However, this idea isn't new old WoC had it's orb pay fluctuate based on money going into the game. I am proposing the same but with players online and sctivity not money.

If the idea worked then, it can work now.

At least if you don't think it would work have something tangible to explain why.

Also one more thing, from what i notice from holding the large orbs the payment does give it out in small increments over the hour. That is already occurring.

My suggestion was under the basis that that is already occurring.

Mr-Beefy

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:59 am

I think it would be less of a load on the server to have a set amount. Your idea I feel would put more strain on the server. And can you please stop being so Hostile. I am allowed to share my ideas that is what this forum is for. Every post I see you are constantly being rude, and hostile to me and I do not understand why. PLEASE STOP. Read the forum rules.

Napoleon

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

The server will be able to take it once it gets upgraded, if you think the server in it's current state will be ideal for hosting more players you will be sadly mistaken. This will be upgraded and ideas like these can be implemented.

So your argument about server strength isn't relevant and secondly... wasn't that easy to say that? Instead of using my post to promote your ideas? Make your own post, it's easy... shall I guide you through it?

Lol, Hostile ?

Did you not forget the antagonizing comment you said to me about Jurgen becoming sovereign of Spitfire?

I have a better idea, why don't you not "initiate" fights. Watch what you say because people aren't going to take your garbage. You have no problem spitting your guys out in chat with very hostile comments, but then when someone says something to you, you hide in the corner and cry. If you can't take then don't dish.

Rude isn't an issue, it's how you take it and your sensitivity level, my advice to you and this is the best advice I can give you. Avoid me and my posts, I have no problem getting into a logical debate you will ultimately lose. So save yourself from the so called "rude" comments.

Thanks bud,

Mr-Beefy

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Somebody has hurt you very bad in life.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 pm

This is definitely doable; it wouldn't be any significant extra load on the server. However, I'm not clear on why it would be necessary or desirable? With more players online there may be more competition for orbs, but that doesn't mean nations will hold orbs for less time; in the old WoC I think powerful nations would often hold orbs for quite a while between huge battles. Maybe orb payouts should be increased overall, but I don't really understand the reasoning behind the idea that the payout rate should be tied to the number of players online.

In old WoC it was tied to the amount of money put into the game, for the reason that I didn't want the orbs making me owe people more money than the game was making (or paying little when the game was making a lot).

I like the constant payout rate because players know what to expect from an orb they are pursuing.

Napoleon

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 am

No one has hurt me at all in life.

-------

Mike so what you are saying is if an orb like fire pays 16c an hour and six or seven nations are fighting over it at the same time that it wouldn't be beneficial to have orbs pay more?

If as example all of a sudden you have a boom of players for July and then a significant drop in the winter months which means less people fighting. More people fighting would mean more orbs changing hands faster and less people fighting means orbs not changing hands at all. There is no way nations will dominate the way they did in old WoC. That 16c from fire may be split up in 3 or 4 sometimes for 3 or 4 nations fighting for it. Which 4c isn't even a sizable fraction of what one team costs. More nations fighting means more credits spent.

So let's say you double it or triple it to compensate... then your games activity dies down a bit. Now what is the benefit of having orbs pay huge amounts to one nation if no ones fighting that nation for it? Considering theres NO one to fight it. That also just gives that nation more credits to dominate others with.

If you don't think credits are a big deal you obviously haven't been in a fight where someone can just buy finish his defenses. Credits are a BIG deal.

Secondly, what i am suggesting gives you very little maintenance involved in adjusting credit orb pay rates. It means there would be a low and a high and it wouldn't go above or below those two numbers. Self sufficiency is good in this case.

Mr-Beefy

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 am

These are reasons I mention having the minute payout rather than hourly. then during the fight you may slip a penny or two off a noon while its changing hands back and forth.

Sphinx

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:59 am

I like the paying by the minute thing. Maybe multiply everything by 60, all costs, purchasable amounts etc, but make it so orbs pay out every minute. Everything will be pretty much the same as before, but numbers are just bigger.

• Information