Temp - Perm Prices

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 pm

In old WoC , temp techs and perm techs were regulated on a supply and demand system with a max low and high.

I think this should be initiated in this game as well.

Also, I feel as though the prices are too high for everything given the circumstances. It seems out of wack and needs balancing givne the orb pay out to temp price.

This would also go hand in hand with my Orb Pay suggestion, you could do it like I just said, or by people online because orb pay increases, it means temps should too?

Just throwing this idea out there.

TheRealPP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Just to add about the perm perchases, rebirthing and resetting doesnt give you the credits back for the perms bought, some cost 750c and only the nation or nations dominating orbs can afford to buy them, once again makin them stronger to keep holding orbs, vicious cycle lol

Mr-Beefy

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm

I completely agree here the prices of at least the permanent techs need to be lower. Right now only a handful of people can affiord to buy them... and Nobody will rebirth because they aren't going to lose their perms.

Rebirth should give more credits.. 500 is way too low. 5000 would make more sense.

Mike
Site Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 pm

About adding a demand based pricing system similar to old WoC, I agree. I hope to do that pretty soon.

About credits for rebirth: I agree it should be increased some. Old WoC gave 1000 credits, that seems pretty reasonable to me. 5000 is way too high... especially given that rb cycles may just last 2-3 weeks, that's giving $50 of credits to each nation every few weeks. I don't think that in principle the game owes the nation back everything it spent on perms during its cycle. It should be a strategic decision whether or not to buy perms based on the nation's goals and resources, as well as (yes) an incentive to put money into the game. Think of them as longer term temps. If the perms give too much of an edge then it may be a matter of reducing their power or price instead. (The demand based pricing system will help with this too.)

Duke

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:22 pm

5000 per rebirth is insanely high. Again, like the high orb pay out theory you had, I think this just leads to inflation issues.

Why fight for orbs when i can just mass rb nations for a few months and then own the entire game.

Raising credit rewards to insane levels doesn't make any sense for long term play.

Loki

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 am

I have to agree with duke and probobly everyone here. Perms are supposed to be a luxury if you have done well enough to afford them. And the rebirth credits are supposed to help you initially rebuild... not give you an extreme long term advantage.

• Information