Towers and Timers

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 am

this post may be a little lengthy,

I have been doing a lot of testing of certain timers in offence and defence both build time and recharge times. I have some thoughts on a lot of towers so I hope you are prepared to read.

I will name the towers I would like to make note of and break this down individually. these are all from the Tech tree. I'll make some replies for the other tree's weapons soon, still working some psi and bio things out.

Cannons

With the new wall HP Cannons are becoming increasingly weak. Currently you would need a Cannon III to destroy a Wall II. No canon towers would be destroying a Wall III or stronger wall when an attacker is using walls offencively . I'm not sure if this is your intentions but they are both the base starter kit. These are also very fragile. I feel liek the hp for these could be a bit higher to maybe give them a fighting chance of protecting orbs for the new players. Maybe do it 8/12/15 for cannon hp.
The build timer for the upgrades on these seem good.

Artillery Battery

These Are supposed to replace cannons. After players are building plasma screens or higher walls Cannons are not going to defend anything. Artillery can be useful even in the end game as a low energy alternative to rocket launchers. I Fell like these could have an offencive use as well as a defencive use. The timers however seem a bit long. I think these should start at 1 minute. and have 5 and 10 minute upgrade timers so 1/5/10. That could give the first tier an offencive use.. say when attacking an orb you can drop these behind your walls to try to have them help push you in if the enemy is attacking back at you.

Rocket Launcher

I'm actually happy with these for now otehr than how spammable they are. I think the energy cost being increased to 90/105/120 would be a good solution to lower the rate of building them.

Satcom Command.

These are perfect for the mid game. No end game potential because people will use rocket launchers.

Autonomous War Base

I feel like these are supposed to be the satcoms of the end game however the damage needs to be higher to contend with the high health of the walls available. A Void dam will not be destroyed by one of these. Damage should go up somehow so that at tier 3 it can break a void damn.. unless that is not your intention and only want it to be able to kill a plasma screen

Deadhand

perfect

Guided Missile

I feel liek this si finally starting to take it's place as an offencive tower. One thing I feel like could really nake these be researhed more, and pull those advance points from other things is to remove the recharge timers for these. The damage is lower now so it is not a sure kill. I feel liek These should activate anytime any tower activates in their range. Keep the damage of these scaling to have the maximum enough to kill in 1 hit any rocket launcher hp but the bottom damage a little under so it will never be a sure 1 shot kill... but they have to scale wiht the rocket launchers to keep up and I really feel makign them always activate when a in range tower actovates can make these a lot more useful.

geo wipe

i's geo wipe yay kill everything@@@@!!!!!

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks for the very detailed post! I will make several of these changes with the next update. A couple that I'm not sure about:

- Getting rid of the cooldown timer for Guided Missile, seems to me, may make it too powerful, able to slice through enemy defenses very quickly? And it's only 10 seconds right now.

- In every case where there's a series of similar defenses eg. Cannon->Artillery->Rockets the build/upgrade time gradually increases through the whole series. For that series it is: 30,60,300,480,600,900,1200,1800,3600. The idea is the more powerful it is, the longer it should take to build. Decreasing the time for artillery to say 60,300,600 as you suggested would break that pattern, put it much closer to cannon in build times and make rockets a huge leap in build times from there.

One thing we could do instead is decrease the build times of the whole series, something like this:

Another thing we could do is stagger them so that each new defense type starts lower than the previous one ended, like this:

Both of those involve decreasing the build times for rocket launchers by quite a bit. Thoughts?

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:03 am

I really like the stagger idea.

Napoleon

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:25 pm

As of right now, I prefer the stagger idea as well.

• Information