Towers and Timers part 2

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 am

this one will focus on the psi tree. This may be lengthy so i hope you have time to read.

Phantasmic Threat

Is this a decoy?? If so What towers at the level it is being meant for aside from the projector which nobody is researching. (under 10?) would players have that would this mislead them about? maybe a chemicle dump or deadhand?? this is available at level two. I think you should move this higher in the tree and give it a lot more hp. and move something like the ecto ray down into it's place and rescale the ecto ray.
Also the build timers seem a bit steep for a decoy. Maybe scale back the timers a bit and this could also be used offencively.. to make people think you dropped a virus temple or wipe on them. Also maybe adding some Tile hp to the nation maximum for researching these would intice people to research them as well. Maybe like +8 tile hp for t1.... +10 hp regen for tier 2.. and maybe +18 tile hp for tier 3. making 28 total tile hp for the group and 10 regen for the group.

Telekinetic Projector

Needs a lot of work. with the newly upgraded walls this is not going to kill anything at any tier. and people at this time would just be using Guns and Viruses. The only real thing that is nice about using these would be the low build times (which i feel are perfect) But I feel like this should be an offencive weapon. to drop in when you see them clicking back at you to try and maybe gain some ground. the problem with that is all of th \e walls at each tier will scale the health of the enemy more than the damage of the projector. I dont really have a solution for you other than The damage needs work. In a few short levels youll have access to hipnotic inducer which is a much better similar weapon.

Pyroclasm

These also need damage scaling with the new walls. If i come in and drop a pyroslade or root barricade (most nations wont have this until these are possible to build) This will just tickle the walls. Eitehr the damage needs to be scaled for mid game ( level 40 -100) or it needs to be moved lower in the tree to reflect a level 20 item. The issue with all of your (does this much damage in an area) is people are just going to sue the things like temple wipe svc inducer... That are sure kills. If you want tos ee this have more use move it in the tree lower or increase the damage. Also there are no other perks to getting this. By the time you have a pyro # I'll just throw down plasma screens wait for them to finish ( or fight to defend them until they finish) and your pyro will never kill me. This should be a middle game level 40 range of damage.. it feels moreliek a level 20 item.

Keronocaun

this is a very good weapon. It scales good for all tiers aside I feel that the timers are off on the builds. These types I feel are more offencive than defencive but I canot wait 20 mns to ann hour for these to build.The timers on these need work and theyll be perfect. mayeb a tad more damage at t2/t3.

Temple of zoth Ommog

Theyre mean temples that kill everything yay!!!!!! (good)

the only think I would change on these are he hp bonus os only 8 on t2. Maybe these need to give more like +20 and move it to t3. Hacving somethihng at a t2 and nothing at a t3 will almost make the t3 not ever be researched.

Hipnotic Inducer

Perfect

Ecto Ray.. I feel liek this and the phantasmic threat should change places and this would be perfect.

Finally the last one and my biggest input.

Djinn portal

Like how you need to research Interdimentional gate from the psi tree to advance I feel that you should need an Interdimentional gate pre required for the Djinn portal. so youll have to go up the tech tree before using these. This would stop the low level 2 layer of wall and portal abuse iam seeing which i'll talk abut more soon first lets disect this thing.

Tier 1 - 2 attacks for 30-60 hp always hit the same tile so it may as well be 1 attack for 60-120 which makes this almost a guaranteed 1 hit kill. Especially if the enemy has 2 layers of walls in front of them meaning you cannot build a wall of your own to absorb damage.
Radius of 3 - This is a little overpowered for a first tier.I feel like this should be reduced to 2. Currently with the range of 3 What were getting is 2 layers of walls and a djinn which is making it literally impossible to ever get past the walls. Either the Range should drop to 2, or change the 2 hits for 30-60 to 1 hit per tile for 30-60 up to two tiles. ( Basically making it unnable to attack the same tile two times, Hell we cannot even click the same tile two times this fast). something needs to change because currently we can just build walls and djinn and youll never get in. I watched Mr-Beefy defend off 4 nations and attack another main while defending all 4 nation using this strategy.

tier 2 Radius of 4 makes this increasingly more annoying .. You can build layers of walls and literally keep someone out forever. the walls making sure you cannot win in 1 hit, and the djinn always killing you in 1 round of hits. Maybe t2 should be the 3 radius and t3 be the radius of 4 as tier 3 really isnt needed. This would force people to make the decision to spend that point on the thirrd tier.

The timers of this are spot on.

That is all I have for now for psi. I will do my bio post as soon as i finish a few more tests. Thanks for reading I hope this helps. Djinn needs a lot of work it is the current abuse tower.

Mike
Site Admin

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 am

Thanks for another very comprehensive post.

Regarding Phantasmic Threat:

With the next update I'll increase their HP and decrease their build times.

Regarding the series Telekinetic Projector->Pyroclasm->Keronocaun:

One option is I could increase their damage quite a bit, but then like you say they would be like a weaker version of the Temple of Zoth Ommog or Supervirus. That might be useful, if they're available at lower levels.

But, another option would be to keep them weak, maybe weaken them further, but have them be triggered by any attack within their attack range, the same way cannon, artillery and rocket launchers work. If this were the case it would give a series of area attacks, one for every time an attacker attacks nearby (with a delay of at least the cooldown time in between). Seems to me this would make them unique, and a real threat, even if their individual attacks do low damage.

Also, only the lower levels of these are vulnerable to flanking. It seems to me that property might work well with the the approach of weak attacks that are triggered at range.

What do you think of this possible change to these weapons?

Regarding Temple of Zoth:

I'll move the hp/square bonus to tier 3. Going to wait on changing its amount, as that would require running tests to see how it would change the balance with the other trees and seeing if amounts in other techs would need to decrease to balance it.

Regarding Ecto Ray and Djinn Portal:

With the upcoming update I'll be changing damage, radius and num attacks on these to strengthen Ecto Ray a bit and weaken Djinn Portal (range will max out at 3).

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:37 am

Thanks yea .. That sounds like a good approach all around.

One thing I forgot to mention was brainwave manipulator. I have never built one so i have no idea how they even work. I'll have to play withh them a bit.

• Information