Multi Accounts - Suggestion

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Buzz Lightyear
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:48 am

Hello

My ideas are:
- One account and nation per ip address. I will go even further then this too. If you leave and join a nation that isn't yours or create another one your old one is deleted.
- Open up limit on nation members to unlimited (mp will restrict the playing time anyways)
- Ban people using two devices for two accounts.
- Ban bots or pc's used to act like a bot that either allows them to stay online when they are not or to buy temps automatically when they are tapped when they have a bot in place and sleeping.

Imo teams are fine, teams of different nations with different people used as a team are fine, teams where everyone has a specific job is fine, teams of people using two or more devices is not fine.

This will free up more res for more people and allow more people to obtain orbs. You might also think this in effect dumps seeding. It doesn't it just means you need dedicated seeders.

This might also help Mike with massive job of policing as what has happened to Loki. (Acting as Loki is fine (it really is up to the individual player to suss out if it is the real person or not), dissing him by creating nations that attack him personally is not)

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:54 am

Believe it or not i agree with everything Buzz has said.

To be clear, i am a multiple device user and would be willing to give that up if everyone else did it.

This is what Loki's post should have been like. Not an attack on anyone, just a sum of good ideas like this one.

There are a few people that appear to be using some type of bot system to keep them online on a single account or... purchase temps when hit. I witnessed it first hand.

Philly

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:57 pm

you mention bots? I'm curious, that word it thrown around very loosely always has been.
I know of at least 1 person who uses VM. but I haven't actually seen him around on the new revisions...I also know of one other who uses scripts?

you say you've witnessed it, id like to see what you've witnessed just outta curiosity, to see if we've observed the same things
"If you can't explain it to a 6 year old, you don't understand it yourself" -Einstein
Discord: TheRealPhilly#3897
Main Nation: Phoenix
Running Nation: ImmortalOutlawz
ALWAYS recruiting! Come join experience, activity, and fun!

Buzz Lightyear

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:30 am

Napoleon

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:20 am

This one is caused by using two computers, one 5x5 settle, the other 5x5 evacuating creating an endless loop until the client dies.

The one I witnessed wasn't anything like that, it was just as if the guy had an auto clicker to keep him on or something.

The guys land didn't move and he was on for over 12 hours without a log off, which I observed twice.

I feel like with the lack of a "click here" like we had in old WoC or some other method like that this could become a problem again.

------

I was online as well and saw one nation attack a square of another and the nation temped up fully, and you could tell that the person in that nation wasn't there at all at the time. Online yes, but there.... no.

The topic of bots is actually an interesting one, and one that should be brought up early in development stages because it could grow and run rampant if not kept in check.

RoyaleCheese88

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:32 pm

2 computers attack and evac 5x5, isn't a bot, it's a built in feature of the game...and to be fair, I've personally seen spit using this feature, even mentioned something about it. Yes you were online, but still using the feature.

As for bots, yes it needs to be curbstomped quickly. And effectively. Of you'll lose the new crowd when it finally comes.

Mike
Site Admin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:55 pm

Right now the game considers to belong to one "player" all the usernames that use the same group of devices. It limits a player to using at most 10 different usernames in a 30 day period. That number could be decreased, if there's enough demand for it. Doing so would limit players who want to do seeding, however.

But, there isn't much I can do if a player keeps their devices separate from each other, using some usernames on one device and other usernames on the other. The game will usually consider them two different players. I can't have it go by IP address because then if multiple players at the same company, school, dorm, house, etc. are playing, they'll probably be on the same IP address and so the game would limit them as if they were one player. And if not by IP address, I could only go by personal reports of players using multiple devices, and that would be a big drain on dev time, would be subject to error, wouldn't scale well to when the game has thousands of players, and would be easy to get around by just using multiple devices discreetly.

Ultimately, with fealty and other restrictions in place, one player using multiple devices isn't much different from two players choosing to work together. That's something that will never be stopped. The game just needs to be designed such that it's fun to play even if you're not on a big team. WoC needs more work in that direction. One place it's currently being discussed is in the Teams thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=214

As for bots, I agree it would be good to have a safeguard, like a captcha that pops up once in a while.

I do have a question though... what is the advantage to staying online indefinitely? Why would players use the trick of occuping and evacing 5x5 at the same place, to stay online? And why do other players mind when this is done?

Philly

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:45 am

the advantage to being "online"

most people wont hit people "online" so they use one method or the other, to stay online...because people don't want a fight
same reason they used to geo tele..
"If you can't explain it to a 6 year old, you don't understand it yourself" -Einstein
Discord: TheRealPhilly#3897
Main Nation: Phoenix
Running Nation: ImmortalOutlawz
ALWAYS recruiting! Come join experience, activity, and fun!

Mike
Site Admin

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Philly wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:45 am
the advantage to being "online"

most people wont hit people "online" so they use one method or the other, to stay online...because people don't want a fight
same reason they used to geo tele..
Good point, thanks.

• Information