World Map

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
-SiN-
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:07 am

Hey, just wondering if there will be a visible world map like in the old game? I feel like you lose a sense of vastness with the current flagging system and it'd make navigating a far more pleasant experience.I find what is currently set in place a bit clunky and the animation prompted when opening up the map actually shows a far more zoomed out view of the screen for a split second, even this top-down view would be nice to have, although perhaps slightly more zoomed to get an idea of the scale of the map. Just a thought for new players as I didn't have the most pleasant time navigating when I first started playing the relaunch.
--------------------------------------------------------------Image--------------------------------------------------------------

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi, I'm not sure I understand just what you mean by a visible world map? The map panel does show a parchment map version of the full game world. Are you saying you'd like to be able to see all the nations/resources/etc on that map? I avoided that to keep a sense of mystery about unexplored areas. Also the playable world can't zoom out much further than it already does because of the amount of bandwidth it takes to constantly update and scroll around a huge area of the world.

-SiN-
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:27 am

I don't necessarily mean resources or anything like that no, just the shapes of the nations/colours like in previous WOC. it had an MS paint like look, nothing fancy, just helped locate mains etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------Image--------------------------------------------------------------

• Information