Leveling is Brutal with a Blank Slate

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Give us a perk for getting reborn!!!

Say 1% increase in stat cap. Or else what is the use of pushing us to the east, when we know that we don't get any benefit for getting reborn.

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 pm

There is a Huge perk to rebirthing. Each rb you get a level bonus of 10. Your experience is gained as if yu were level one. So a rebirthed nation will be able to achieve higher levels faster than one not rebirthing. Example.. Say your rb bonus makes you rb at lvl 71 from your rb bonus. Your exp to level will be as if you are level 1. So for level 72 you only need 1000 exp. With ur 71 advance points you should have exp% and can get back over 100 in proboly an hour. Then while that lvl 140 non rb nation is waysting their manpower getting to 150 you will supass them easily because you can level faster. This will give the rb nation a huge advantage in supportable land which at high lwvel becomes very important. Yes there are perks to rb.

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:49 am

Duke wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 pm
Mike you resetting the game everytime we gain an advantage over the others is going to be very demoralizing for you and the other players.
That's certainly true after release, but this is testing and if there are huge changes to the rules, it's not really a valid test if some nations have developed with the new set of rules, and others with the previous set.
Duke wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 pm
By the way, why would I as a player even waste time with RB if it takes me 1-2 months to get back to big orb fighting strength. Your new RB system sucks. Only way to make it fair is to bring back the old lvls system, bring back the old RB, and stop forcing nations east..... otherwise we will not waste time RBing, and we will continue to dominate the east without ever truly being forced off the orbs. If one of our nations gets too high in lvls, we will just bring in another on out own timeframe instead of the old RB forced timeframe
I'm open to making rebirth work more like in old WoC if that works better. I figured players would rather rebirth because they choose to, in order to be able to make their nation more powerful the next time around, than because they're forced to. You ask why a nation would choose to rebirth in the current system -- if you're working hard to get up to say level 140 and being beaten by nations that are skating to level 180 because they've rebirthed a few times, then you might be more tempted to rebirth your nation. That's the idea anyway.

Zero

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:01 am

loki wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 pm
There is a Huge perk to rebirthing. Each rb you get a level bonus of 10. Your experience is gained as if yu were level one. So a rebirthed nation will be able to achieve higher levels faster than one not rebirthing. Example.. Say your rb bonus makes you rb at lvl 71 from your rb bonus. Your exp to level will be as if you are level 1. So for level 72 you only need 1000 exp. With ur 71 advance points you should have exp% and can get back over 100 in proboly an hour. Then while that lvl 140 non rb nation is waysting their manpower getting to 150 you will supass them easily because you can level faster. This will give the rb nation a huge advantage in supportable land which at high lwvel becomes very important. Yes there are perks to rb.
A nation needs the same amount of points for each rebirth. Leveling will become more slow, when Mike fully takes away all the advantages and loopholes we are having atm. So, why would I take the laborious process of clicking the points for getting the xp of a new lvl 120 nation, instead of clicking away the points for the 10 level advantage am getting for each rebirth?

Loki

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Just wanted to comment about Mike resetting the game. this is a testing not a serious gameplay... you are all taking this too serious... Hee will prorobly need to reset a few times in alpha to test things out...

Sphinx

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:14 pm

In my opinion, there is no need to reset during alpha. Nothing we do right now really matters that much. It's good that we have people in all level ranges now, to test more.

Game is going to be reset for launch anyway i assume.

Loki

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Cant beat the team whose had every orb from the first day.

Sphinx

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Well, reset won't help. They just get it back again. Best to just go at it at your own pace. If you want to be at the top, you need a dedicated team.

I like soloing and goofing around, can't get to the top alone :D.

Napoleon

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:50 pm

A reset is pointless, the purpose of Alpha phase is to test all phases of the game.

Mike currently has that with high and low level nations already from the get go.

Nations are slowly getting to a point to challenge the nations on the orbs, it will happens and this will diversify. A reset will happen anyway when Alpha is over.

Loki, instead of pushing your personal vendetta with a reset maybe use your time more constructively.

I feel your push for the reset is out of bitterness, I am just pointing that out.

Btw, also I just want to point out i'm not breaking the forum rules by addressing you (Before you claim harassment) :)

Mr-Beefy

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:46 pm

I agree With Napoleon on this. A reset would only Cause the testing at the highest level to be damaged. currently... even if it is only 1 team up there they are able to test out max advance things and that is a good thing. I do however Feel that those same players... could get over their personnal glory for the sake of this test and help some of the guys on the bototm or in the middle to reach them.,,.. maybe not give away your strategy but make some feeder nations for us to eat... that would be awefully kind of you....... But a reset is not going to solve anything. My orb pay idea would have a MUCH better impact on the game than a reset.

• Information