Leveling is Brutal with a Blank Slate

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Therealplagel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 am

Perhaps giving everyone a 48 hour xp bonus and/or filling that with some of your Dungeons and Dragons nations?

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:56 pm

There's at least one nation that's above level 100 already, and I know of several more that aren't far behind... unless they're using a loophole that needs to be filled in, it looks like leveling isn't brutal enough... the intention is that a rebirth cycle would take about a month at normal speeds.

What does everyone else think about the current rate of leveling?

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:52 pm

That nation over level 100 is from a team consisting of around 7 people with plans to be a total of 12 people... Most of the nations around their level are also them.... and they are making it difficult for others to level by coming down to the lower level areas in new nations after they have taken over the main area completely.

Dev

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:00 am

I agree, its extremely hard to level. Maybe with more people it'd be easier, as seen with the team of 7+ players, using each other to gain the levels with multiple nations. But with the selection of other nations and the amount of land those nations take up in the low level area, 8-16 points a win for 100+ times to gain a level is difficult, and you even get kinda stuck, walking around hitting 10 squares here, 5 there, 20 over there all for 8 points.
You almost have to make 2 nations and level them both off each other, to the players who are only doing 1 man teams, that's a lot of extra work and ruins a lot of the fun, I'd rather spend my time battling it out with another nation to gain my levels.

I know the exp given doesn't by level now, but to me without knowing what exactly it is calculated from, I heard Hit Points per square, but that seems off in the following breakdown.....I also know the Tech, Bio, and Psi just give a bonus to assist in winning.

I'm level 14: 14 Tech, 8 Bio, and 24 Psi. Manpower Per Attack is 32, Hit points per square is 8. Exp multiplier is 132%

Attacked a level 21, took 2 hits to win a square, got 26 points. 21 tech, 12 bio, 27 psi
Attacked a level 19, won easily, got 11 points. 14 tech, 9 bio, 8 psi
Attacked a level 14, won easily, got 32 points. 2 tech, 1 bio, 2 psi
Attacked a level 14, won easily, got 46 points. 2 tech, 1 bio, 2 psi

I don't understand the exp system if the 2 nations that have the low stats give the most points, with that low, they can't have any techs researched so there would be no higher hit points or anything.

**EDIT, my brain just started working, maybe. Geo is low in the two nations giving the highest points, I didn't think that calculated into the stats shown, but it must?**

Loki

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 am

From my understanding it is hit points per square that increase the exp gains. not the hp in your own nation.. the exp of the nation you are attacking. this can be displayed pretty easy by having a nation your testing with build a wall... attack the square next to the wall and then the all and you will see more exp from the tile with the walls.

Maybe we need an aditional info on the nation when we info them that will tell us how much hp per square that nation has???

Duke

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:30 pm

There is nothing wrong with the current rate of leveling. If you give a 48 boost or whatever, it just means our team that already has high lvl nations will just be allowed and able to lvl higher and make other nations to protect it.

I think Mike needs to take a hard look at bringing the original rebirth system back.

TheRealPP

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 pm

The levelling system is fine I think, it was always going to be a grind from a fresh slate, just lvl 1s v lvl 1s and moving up to 2sv2s ect..during proper game launch after a week or so youll see various levelled nations around to gain points on..

also the team on lvl 100 had a big crew doing round the clock clicking to get there lol

Mike
Site Admin

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Just confirming that the XP a nation gains when it defeats a square is equal to the hit points of that square (the defending nation's hit points per square, plus the hit points of any wall or other defense built on it) multiplied by the attacking nation's XP multiplier.

The only exception is if a nation attacks a much lower level nation, in which case XP is halved (or if the level difference is great enough, there will be no XP).

-----------

Leveling should take a while, I think the big problem now is that there are so few players that the game isn't as fun at the low levels, especially since the big teams have found ways to become very high level already.

Low levels should be a lot more fun once there are more people playing, and there's always a lot of competition at any level. In the meantime it would probably be good to bring back the 'feeder' nations. I can't do that unless the map is fresh, however. Maybe in a week or two after the upcoming set of game balance updates to fix loopholes, I should reset all nations so that everyone's starting at the same point again, and while I'm at it, put in new feeder nations?

Napoleon

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 am

Knowing the way XP was earned was how it was possible to get to level 100 in a day. Others lacked the knowledge or the organization to get something similar off the ground and that's not our fault.

In my opinion leveling from levels 1-40 should be quick anyway, once you hit 40 nations should then hit a grind where it becomes harder and harder. Maybe the math for the points per level needs to be adjusted?

I don't think the lack of feeder nation's is the problem, i think it's the lack of a resource that increases XP per hit. In old WoC you had Inno resources, in new WoC you have??? Oh wait, nothing lol.

Perhaps adding a resources like Lost Cities that provide nations 1% XP boost per resource. Maybe even have rarer ones that provide 2% or 3% XP to your multiplier. This will add a whole new element to the game wih XP hunting. This can give a much needed boost for nations looking to level up quick, but theres a catch, they are rare.

Duke

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Mike you resetting the game everytime we gain an advantage over the others is going to be very demoralizing for you and the other players.

By the way, why would I as a player even waste time with RB if it takes me 1-2 months to get back to big orb fighting strength. Your new RB system sucks. Only way to make it fair is to bring back the old lvls system, bring back the old RB, and stop forcing nations east..... otherwise we will not waste time RBing, and we will continue to dominate the east without ever truly being forced off the orbs. If one of our nations gets too high in lvls, we will just bring in another on out own timeframe instead of the old RB forced timeframe

• Information