Money Maker for Mike!!!!

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Hello Mike

I am loving the direction the game is headed. I feel like your going to struggle with funding a bit at first so I have an idea for you that will not give ANY pay to win features and will give you WHOLE REALM OF FINANCIAL POSSIBILITIES and should not be that hard to do.

Have you ever given thoughts to more than just nation skins??? I have some skin possibilities that will give you a whole new view on how skins can make you money. Listed below are items I feel you could sell skins for and make money!!!

Nation skins are already a thing. You could have a default pack like you do now. But then you can have some Premium skins. Skins people would have to purchase for their nation that would stay in the list forever once purchased. You could sell the premium skins for say $10-$20 a piece!!! Or bundle them in a package for say (Number of premium skins total x $10-20 - 30% discount for bundling)

You could also sell custom nation skins like you did to the backers. these would cost a lot more money and would be exclusive to the nation sold to. Custom skins I would sell for $350!!!! with some credits thrown in.. maybe $150 in credits giving you a $200 profit off of 1 custom skin. You could then give a nation an option to allow other nations to use their custom skin.. so say a player has multiple nations or wants all him and his friends to share a skin like a "clan" they would have this option with custom skins. You could even charge a credit fee maybe 2000 credits to purchase a custom skin from a nation if that nation allows their skin to be purchased the credits could go to that nation. Maybe if this was an option have the nation "selling" the skin for credits have to approve the sale before it actually happens. Have the proposed sale credits go on hold until the nation accepts or declines a skin sale. This would also give nations a way to make money and push people to create some nice custom skins for resale... could be a way of them making more credits in the long run and you make a nice penny if many people are doing this as they're paying you $350 (or whatever number you decided on) every time someone wants to make a custom skin for resale of credits.

Now on to the next idea... Resource skins.

You could sell skins for resources!!! Say if a nation occupies the said resource the resource skin they have purchased would be applied to that resource. For example If I have an iron and my skin makes irons look like a pumpkin... While it is in my possession it would look like a pumpkin. You could do this for every resource. Charge say $20-$30 for a resource skin ( cash values may not be realistic, just putting numbers I myself would be willing to pay) and you can make an unlimited number of skins for the different res. They could even be deceptive!!!!!! Say I have a skin that changes my Henge to look like a soil or my soil to look like an orb of noontide!!!!

The last remark leads me into my next one, ORB SKINS!!!!! You could sell orb skins for say $100!! Make my Noon look like a smiley face. Make my fire orb look like a Meteorite or make My destiny look like a noontide (where did you get the name noontide from? curious)
I think you are getting the point by now of where I'm headed with this... skins for EVERYTHING.

The last thing I want to mention for now (And I have MANY more ideas for non pay to win income) Map textures/Client custom skins
Maybe you could sell a skin for like the borders around chats and the gui of the client .. sell these cheaper like $5.
Also ma[p textures is a possibility... Mountains???? nah I want it to look like Candy land and the mountains look like lolly pops!!!! These i would be willing to pay up top $200 for. I mean a skin that goes over the map overlay on the layer just below the grid. Hell; you could sell custom grids.. charge for lower or higher hue. charge for a grid that shows the grid in 5x5 chunks as well as 1x1 with darker lining or something...

I think you get my point here........ The POTENTIAL IS ENDLESS!!!!

I hope this was a nice read and good food for thought. Enjoy.

TheRealPP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:22 pm

not to downplay your ideas but feeding off of what you put there a better answer would be to let companys pay mike to put their logo's onto nation skins and then said nations get paid a one off credit payment for a certain amount of time (3 months) or something like that

cheap advertising for companies, a steady income for mike, and free credits to the nations using them, win win win.

obviously this will only work when the playerbase has gotten much bigger

Perrin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Maybe some people will pay for the skins but I definitely won't be that guy. I would much rather have the creds.

This reminds me of something else thats way off topic, but will buying creds give experience like the old WoC?

Loki

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:54 pm

TheRealPP wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:22 pm
not to downplay your ideas but feeding off of what you put there a better answer would be to let companys pay mike to put their logo's onto nation skins and then said nations get paid a one off credit payment for a certain amount of time (3 months) or something like that

cheap advertising for companies, a steady income for mike, and free credits to the nations using them, win win win.

obviously this will only work when the playerbase has gotten much bigger
This could work hand in hand with my idea.. see... the possibilities of skins are endless. Good idea TheRealPP!!!! I love it!

Mike
Site Admin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Wow that's a lot, thanks for brainstorming so many different approaches! There are a lot of great ideas in there, I know there's a big market for customized appearances in games. I would definitely like to do many of those. Because they will 1) take a good deal of dev time and 2) only really stand to make money once there are quite a few players playing, I'm going to wait on these kinds of additions until after release.

To answer a couple other questions in this thread:
loki wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:51 pm
(where did you get the name noontide from? curious)
I'm not sure but when I did the AMA a few months ago I found out from some players of Asheron's Call (a game I worked on in the 90s) that one of that game's servers was called "Dawntide", so that might be where it came from.
Perrin wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:33 pm
This reminds me of something else thats way off topic, but will buying creds give experience like the old WoC?
I haven't included that in the new WoC because it seems to me that it's about as "pay to win" as it can get :) Once credit purchasing is available, we'll see how motivated people are to buy credits, and if not enough are being sold maybe a limited version of this could be done, like a max of so many XP from purchasing credits per week.

Loki

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Brainstorming is one of the things i do best. Happy to help in any ways I can and we have some very smart player. I knew by starting this thread more ideas will flow and potentially give you the compensation you absolutely deserve for all of your hard work. I appreciate you Mike!

Sphinx

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm

One thing i disagree with is offering custom skins. This was a kickstarter thing and should stay like that. When the game gets popular, its easy to buy a custom skin, but taking the risk in the very beginning should be rewarded.

Loki

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Sphinx wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm
One thing i disagree with is offering custom skins. This was a kickstarter thing and should stay like that. When the game gets popular, its easy to buy a custom skin, but taking the risk in the very beginning should be rewarded.
I can respect that. i was just throwing ideas out there.

Napoleon

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Maybe offer kick starters a number of custom skins they can make free instead of just one to make it worth it?

Or depending on the level of donation, lifetime pass to it?

So Someone who donated 1,000.00... would get a lifetime of custom skins?

It's one person, so it's not like you are losing any money considering he gave you 1,000.00.

Just spit ballin here.

Loki

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Napoleon wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:15 pm
Maybe offer kick starters a number of custom skins they can make free instead of just one to make it worth it?

Or depending on the level of donation, lifetime pass to it?

So Someone who donated 1,000.00... would get a lifetime of custom skins?

It's one person, so it's not like you are losing any money considering he gave you 1,000.00.

Just spit ballin here.
Not Realistic. Only 2-3 Backers donated that much. And I do not want this package. Nice try Napolean not going to happen. If you have a way for mike to actually increase income please share that here. I would love to hear some of your ideas on this. What ya got for us????

• Information