Long Term Temps

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Perrin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 pm

In the old WoC there were long term temps that lasted a day and sometimes a week. I feel like this can really help prevent a lvl 70 nation from taking everything from a lvl 110 nation. Any thoughts?

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:10 pm

1440s!!!!

Napoleon

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 pm

How about we crack this subject open even further?

The temp list is rather, boring...

Let's be honest now, there are what.... six or seven perms? Honestly, in old WoC there was at least 30... not that that matters or anything, but I feel like we could use a few more you know.

Secondly, Bio is REALLY pathetic, like.... 15 minutes for it's stat boosts? really? Why would I buy that, I feel like some of the temps need more incentive and the usefulness and practicality of them need to be revisited.

Each stat should have a 1440 boost temp, they should each have a perm as well.

What the heck happened to awesome temps like Super Soldier Hero, Dead On Gunners, Thirst for Knowledge or Insurgency?

Some of these could be remade and reapplied, you could even come up with new ones.

Also I feel like the Bio tech tree should also contribute to Interdimensional Gate or whatever, Psi and Tech give you access to it, why not allow Bio to give access as well? Which could mean you need all three tech paths to get these awesome techs. All you would need to add to the Bio tech tree is a tech like, "Organic Test Subjects" like they would be using Organic objects to send through the gate or something.

I am just pointing out things I have noticed and the fact they seem offish.

But since you mentioned it, why not blow this wide open?

Also, this is just my opinion, but I feel every tech you get every weaponry, should give some form of stat bonus. Even if it's one single thing.

Loki

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:53 pm

I agree with Napolean 100% here!!!

We need more temps.. All of the current ones are % temps... How about some raw number 1440s. So if your 15-30 minute temps are giving a %... have the LONG term temps 1440's maybe even some 720's That are pure number like +10 tech for example.

We need more perms that is for certain AGAIN all of the perms are based off a %... Why not add A LOT like 5 in each tree at least of perms giving raw number stats like +5 bio for example.

We need more temps for manpower per attack... we need 1 that is SUPER expensive but would add say 50 manpower per attack to replicate the old geo wipe offencive damage. High cost charge 100 credits for it for like 10 minutes or 5 minutes due to how strong it is so if you want to abuse it ... your gonna pay the piper.

Just to add on to naps Ideas here this is absolutely neccessary and thanks for crackig it open... I wanted to make this reply sooner but I was waiting for soemone else to give some input. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one adding to ideas lol. Thank you nap... what else do you got for us??? Dont hold back... Beta is comming.... lets spend these next couple weeks before christmas hitting it hard on brainstorming and getting EVERYTHING THAT CROSSES OUR MIND INTO THE GAME or aty least proposed.

We need more of this from everyone... lets make beta epic!!!!!! Great response nap.

Napoleon

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:23 pm

The glory is, i saw Mike mention somewhere, that the tech tree isn't finalized.

So we have a chance to open this up and brainstorm ideas.

Temps are one of the most useful tools in the game, and should continue to be.

As of right now, besides splash damage and the stat % temps, I don't buy any of them.

We just need to hope Mike is open to trying new things, it isn't that there is anything wrong with the tech tree per say, it's more that it needs to be adjusted and tweeked. Still not a bad tree all and all.

Loki

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:03 pm

we need more base stat temps for certain. not % ones flat numbers.

i have an idea four a sort of insurgency. a 48 hr temp that would double tile hp. would help with lvling also. make it cost 200 creds.

we need a stat point for weapons to make them a little more worth buying like maybe +1 for t1/2 and +2 for t3 of the weapons. maybe even add a tech inbetween the weapons for stats.... sort of like how the djin one needs a special tech for t2.... have those techs fr very weapion adding a stat point maybe??? rather than on weapon itself... nnd just give 2 stats for t3 to reward spending 3 points for that weapon.

exp perms
tile hp perms
tower hp perms??? ( adds say 50 hp to all of your towers) or a temp that does this)
captured resource tile hp temp/perm
captured orb tile hp temp/perm

just some examples ... need flat stat point perms and temps not just %

Mike
Site Admin

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm definitely open to adding and improving temps. Just haven't gotten around to focusing on them yet.

Lots of great ideas on this thread, thanks!

One issue that keeps coming up that I question is, why the preference for flat stat amount bonuses rather than percentages? I stuck with percentages so that it wasn't necessary to add a bunch of different temps for each stat, as it was in old WoC, as the lower flat bonuses become useless for higher level nations. So I'm not sure how flat bonuses would be an improvement for temps. I can see them being a good thing for perms, though.

Loki

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Mike wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

One issue that keeps coming up that I question is, why the preference for flat stat amount bonuses rather than percentages? I stuck with percentages so that it wasn't necessary to add a bunch of different temps for each stat, as it was in old WoC, as the lower flat bonuses become useless for higher level nations. So I'm not sure how flat bonuses would be an improvement for temps. I can see them being a good thing for perms, though.
That is how I was imagining it myself. Flat stat perms with % temps. The only reason I mention having like 1440 flat stat temps would be for credit burn. Just another thing to spend credits on to make the economy move.

Sphinx

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Have to keep in mind, that all those temps could be considered pay to win. Have to be really careful about that. Once a game gets the stink of pay to win, its hard to get it off.

• Information