Chill TFO

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Be_free
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:07 pm

I just wanna make a point to the old farts around here. I know that most people on the forums atm are the people that have been around the original game and are probably sitting high in the current game.

So my message to you is this -- Chill the fuck out. I'm being told that there is already a 2 nation team up around 100. That means that one group of people probably hold 50-75% of all orbs and resources in that area..... WTF. Talk to new players, ask them to join. Help them get resources or orbs. You guys need to be setting the precedent on how to act for the newer or not so involved players. We want this game to last, right? People are gonna stop playing if they reach a low ceiling. This is Alpha; play the game, find bugs, and help Mike and all his hard work last. There will be plenty of time to hold all the orbs and checker bases, but now isnt really the time.

Nothing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:20 am

You know, I see a lot of complaining about the way people are playing, esp in the in game chat.... and to be perfectly honest that is what's threatening to kill the game for me.

Sure, there's a cooperation aspect to the game, but as long as no one's hacking the game or exploiting bugs without reporting them everyone has as good a chance of getting orbs as they are at figuring out the game.

I'm only just getting back into it after 10 years of not playing and I haven't had any problems obtaining orbs every time I've logged in since getting to level 10 or so. That's with all of one alliance. Sure I don't hold onto them longer then a couple hours before someone stronger takes them away, but that's the way it is.

You think there are folk that have an unfair advantage now.... wait until they open up buying credits for cash and folk with big bank accounts start playing.

Duke

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 pm

I bet you're the same type of person that believes rich people should be paying for your broke ass. Man up and go get your own orbs if you don't like the dominant teams. It's a war game, get over it.

Mark

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 am

Duke wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 pm
I bet you're the same type of person that believes rich people should be paying for your broke ass. Man up and go get your own orbs if you don't like the dominant teams. It's a war game, get over it.
I think his argument is that the one super-team you got there is overly dominant and it's making people quit. I 100% agree with that, alliances are all well and good but when the top 3 or so nations in the game all ally up there's just no room for the little guys.

Napoleon

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Then force your way in.

Survival of the fittest. You hold your own destiny in your own hand. If you can't well, natural selection takes does it's thing.

Mark

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Napoleon wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:25 pm
Then force your way in.

Survival of the fittest. You hold your own destiny in your own hand. If you can't well, natural selection takes does it's thing.
So once natural selection does it's thing and murders the player base WoC will be better off, right?

Napoleon

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:10 am

Players are going to lose and quit no matter what. Happens to every game.

No one should have to slow their roll just to appease people.

This is a war game, fight your way into a position of respect with those powers. If you aren't interested in doing that then this isn't the game for you to begin with.

Can i suggest farmville or sims? Something with less conflict.

Diplomacy among top teams is going to happen, it's inevitable. Don't like it? Well sorry that's reality.

In game politics is something Mike can do nothing about, you can cry and complain all you want. The person who holds the power in his hand to do something about it is..... YOU.

Good luck.

• Information