Flanking defensive buildings

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:26 am

So how does this work exactly?

Description says, it wont trigger when surrounded by enemies on all sides. Yet my structure was not surrounded and did not trigger at all.

Dev
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:30 am

If there is another defense or orb beside it, then it is considered flanked if an attacking nation takes the

Say you've got an orb in the middle and defenses around it making a 3x3 square
XXX
XXX
XYX
ZZZ

If I captured the Z squares, the defense at Y would be flanked.

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:59 am

To flank a defense, all of the nine squares surrounding that defense must be occupied by the attacker or their ally, or be uninhabitable (water or mountain), or contain a resource or orb, or belong to the defender but contain a non-wall defense belonging to the defender.

Sphinx

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:44 am

Ok, i see it now. Non-wall defenses coun't as enemy surrounding it. This is what i didn't know. Thanks.

Sphinx

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 am

Another question. If there is a tile, that has a captured enemy building, does that mean it is flanking?

Edit: Got the answer in chat. It counts as an empty square and it is not flanking me.

• Information