Hmm

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Steve
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:16 pm

So 200 HOUR chat bans, bans where you cant even view public chat for SWEARING, 2 swear words, on a game that offers filtered and unfiltered options of chat...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You played yourself.

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

*sniff*

*sniff*

You guys smell that... ?

I think I smell Mele?

Comments in the emails that are about violations in chat.... just seem like her thing.

---------

If you have a chat filter, any reports for swearing at all should be thrown out the window.

Other games have almost a no holds barred in public chat.

Considering some players like Loki for instance basically ASK for what they get.

Public chat isn't going to be a peaceful place, and you need to accept that.

Steve

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 am

It's not just that, I had 2 emails and banned both times a 7 day and 10 day, whereas other people I know for a FACT have had 4-5 emails pretty much the same crime swearing and being offensive to others and got just a warning, why am I so special lol

Nothing

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:54 pm

You could just not swear, then you'd have nothing to worry about.

Its really not that difficult and can even be a lot of fun. I mean no one gets upset at being called a %$#@ anymore, but ask them in what way their parents are related and they'll get so mad they'll wet themselves. Speaking of which...

Napoleon

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 pm

I don't think that's the point Nothing.

I think it's the fact that you have a chat filter and you ban people for swearing is contradicting.

Secondly, the severity of things now is actually nothing. With thousands of players it would be absolutely a nightmare to police this. Best give up now before it gets too big. Not just that but, why police it? Even in chat lists you can report people, which is absolutely silly. It's turned into a war of reporting people you don't like. It definitely shouldn't resort to that.

Many other games don't police chat like that, and to do that would push some players away the enjoy the shit talk and banter. Limiting your player base isn't something you want to do, you have the best of both worlds by giving people that don't want that the block option and filtered chat and allowing people to do what they please. The difference here is, when it becomes harassment through whispers and nation messages spammed etc. That is where it turns into another category, but a comment in chat or a swear word can easily be self contained by the player and needs hands off by the administration. Considering.... the money you would need to pay staff to do this if the game lets say had 10,000 players? Are you joking me, thats an utter waste of money.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Like I said before, this time around I'm going to police chat a lot more than I ever tried to last time. The idea is to have a more positive chat environment so as not to turn people away. You can still say whatever you'd like in private chat with people you trust not to report you. And even when banned, it only takes away public chat.

Steve

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:40 pm
Like I said before, this time around I'm going to police chat a lot more than I ever tried to last time. The idea is to have a more positive chat environment so as not to turn people away. You can still say whatever you'd like in private chat with people you trust not to report you. And even when banned, it only takes away public chat.
Yeah Mike I get it, I broke the rules and got banned, I'm not disputing that, what my issue is, why do I have to serve a 200 hour ban, with no warnings prior, when I know and have seen the proof that others have had warnings and then at most received a 1-2 day ban?

Is there some specific reason why I am being targeted more than others, the emails I received telling me what I had said in chat is only equal too or probably even less offensive than those on 1-2 day bans

If you could clear that up for me please?

Thanks

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Steve wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:42 pm
Yeah Mike I get it, I broke the rules and got banned, I'm not disputing that, what my issue is, why do I have to serve a 200 hour ban, with no warnings prior, when I know and have seen the proof that others have had warnings and then at most received a 1-2 day ban?

Is there some specific reason why I am being targeted more than others, the emails I received telling me what I had said in chat is only equal too or probably even less offensive than those on 1-2 day bans

If you could clear that up for me please?
This is because, going through the logs for whatever other reasons in the last few weeks it seemed that about 50% of the things you'd say in chat were ban worthy. So once I got the chat moderation system working I went a little overboard with that ban. But you're right; it wasn't fair to start with such a long ban. I've unbanned your accounts (let me know if any are still banned, this is the first unbanning and it may not be a perfect process).

I can't wait to outsource this whole banning business.

Napoleon

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:14 am

Why can't we view chat while we are banned, and why are we banned from other peoples chat lists?

Besides my point still remains. Why have a chat filter option at all if you can get banned by people who have the filter off?

If they have the filter off and they choose to ban you... their report shouldn't count... they have knowingly turned on the ability to see the swearing.

Now if you bypass the filter... that a different story all together.

Steve

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:00 am

Mike wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm

This is because, going through the logs for whatever other reasons in the last few weeks it seemed that about 50% of the things you'd say in chat were ban worthy. So once I got the chat moderation system working I went a little overboard with that ban. But you're right; it wasn't fair to start with such a long ban. I've unbanned your accounts (let me know if any are still banned, this is the first unbanning and it may not be a perfect process).

I can't wait to outsource this whole banning business.

Im still banned on my accounts, 130 hours left to go lol

• Information