State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
xXtodd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:33 pm

On a real note. If Loki had fire, the rule system and mechanics would be on par. He's losing. And can't even capture a noon in the mid 30's range. Mixed with his narcissistic, he's a legend mantra. This is destroying his ego and making him push against the system in place. But truth be told. He always sucked. When he realizes this he will be able to let these grudges go.
Last edited by xXtodd on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xXtodd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Savage.

ArcticPrism

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:18 pm

xXtodd wrote:
Savage.
Savage.
Surfa wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:03 am
It sounds like you just need a server for people who want to passive play and a main server for real playing. I was beat down by spit before but I did not complain because I did not want to take the time to fight back. And it was not just spit other people whooped my ass also. Then i decided to hit spit and then I made friends with pac again and it made me want to play more. I cannot remember being successful in old woc by playing a few hours a day, maybe at the end of its run it was like that but not that I remember, yet thats what people want. Any nation I ran in had shifts and someone on at all times if you wanted to hold your stuff. The only reason we are on top is because we are active and we work together. Spit didnt want to fight so they all left except for jurg who just settles land and tries to talk crap. We are not unbeatable but no one wants or has time to play, so these people fort up in mid and noob lands and make it hard as hell for people to level up and then they stop playing. No one even makes it up to us for us to drive people off the game. So make a server where people can play defense and log in once a day and then let people who want to fight play on the main server.
I only think it's unreasonable to expect any individual player to be logged into the game all day for typical gameplay unless the Fire Orb is your goal. I agree with what your team was doing though with taking shifts to make sure at least someone was online throughout the day. If this is supposed to be a team game then cooperation with your team should be required to succeed. I also agree that people with alt nations in low level areas will drive away new players. If you look at low-mid level area many orbs are owned by someone's alt that doesn't do much besides sit on said orbs with specialized defensive techs that no new player has any hope of breaking through.

TeamDylan

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:02 am

its a war game there is always going to be someone in power, old woc had teams but all in one nation usually. here is a bit different. still a team jus multiple nations. mp doesnt really let you pile a bunch of people in on nation. this is a real time game, you have to understand people are always on there is no pause button, you start a fight with someone and get a war going there is a good chance you will log in with nothing - this is a war game. logging in with nothing is a big shock especially if you played old woc you know how devastating it is - in this woc its not that bad, you get checkered big deal evac main get a new one go get res there are plenty on the map. take about 2 hours to recover from being res wipe/losing main logging into like 100 land. there are some people who want to play the game and will actually recover and do it again. some will jus complain in chat about how they cannot be on for so long or complaining about losing 1 or 2 res. this is a war game people constantly want what you have, its your job to keep and defend what you have and fight to keep it. if you cant be on a decent amount dont get all mad and start calling people out in chat. this is a war game if you cant be on to defend you lose it. recover and play the game or dont. you cannot get mad for logging into a war game and getting completely conquered..... this is a war game

people are so toxic in this game too man always threating to hack people and personal shit is always in the general chat. jus play the game you wanna make someone mad take their res, hit their main. play the game. you dont need to belittle people in chat or threaten to dox people lol so childish. i know with war making the enemy mad is jus apart of it, trash talk/call each other names cool, but some serious shit does get said in general chat that in my opinion should not be at all said

Tupac

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am

ArcticPrism wrote:
I only think it's unreasonable to expect any individual player to be logged into the game all day for typical gameplay unless the Fire Orb is your goal. I agree with what your team was doing though with taking shifts to make sure at least someone was online throughout the day. If this is supposed to be a team game then cooperation with your team should be required to succeed. I also agree that people with alt nations in low level areas will drive away new players. If you look at low-mid level area many orbs are owned by someone's alt that doesn't do much besides sit on said orbs with specialized defensive techs that no new player has any hope of breaking through.
I think you are absolutely right. I know several players doing this now. I think double defense should be turned off for a while until the community grows to a larger scale. Its going to be very deterring at this point until growth happens.

ArcticPrism

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Tupac wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am
ArcticPrism wrote:
I think you are absolutely right. I know several players doing this now. I think double defense should be turned off for a while until the community grows to a larger scale. Its going to be very deterring at this point until growth happens.
There's a guy right now that is holding orbs with one empire and uses another to attack things then transfers stuff to the other nation so it can be in offline mode as much as possible. Probably bypassing fealty too. Unsure if filling squares causes it or not though.

Loki

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:37 pm

Yall got me all wrong... I dont even care to orb run cept to fund my main eating.... I just wanna eat mains when Iam on at my liesure.. mannpower prevents thaat lol.

Loki

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:38 pm

and i just preferred the classic game. should be able to have the classic version if mike owns rights.. why not use it? i'd pay for a subscription. thats a great idea pac.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:13 pm

I bought in at the kickstarter. Didn't play right away because I was busy. When I finally had some time to play, I was looking forward to learning and helping with the beta test. I made a few nations, figured out how to defeat the heavily defended noons in newbland, and had worked my way up to the midlands. To my surprise, I was the strongest nation in the midlands. I guess that made me the target. I log on the next day and I have been wiped from the map and not allowed back. I only made it level 125 before deciding it was no fun anymore. I never even spent my kickstarter credits.

As long as the Tailor Twins are part of the WOC community, I want nothing to do with it.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Surfa wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:10 am
Also, most of the people that do make it up to us join us because we talk to them and try to help them out. That does not indicate we are the ones driving people away.
You certainly drove me away. For no other reason than I was strong and not one of your friends. Your teams wiped me and wouldn't let me back. I logged in months later and just settled about 100 squares next to Clone's main. Came back 2 days later and the pinheads had jailed it.

The problem is not the game, it is the community.

• Information