Patron Question

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anotherterror
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:06 am

I'm planning on promoting once the game gets going and would like to know how the 10% credit bonus will work with Patron? (when I buy credits)

So i see two options.

1. i buy 100 credits and all my patrons receive an extra 10 credits or
2. i but 100 credits and all my patron get 10 from that 100 leaving me short?

I'm guessing it will be 100 for me and an extra 10 for my patrons.... The problem i see here is, if i make multilpe names/accounts so i can use different nations and join different teams and i make them under my main patron code, when i buy credits i'll be making extra 10% myself for every name i own!

Also on patron bonus - where will the credits go? The players sovereign nation or the nation the player is in at the time?
Again im guessing 'the place the player is at the time', But if a player is visiting a nation when i buy credits the bonus going where he is it might not be where he would like the credits... I guess thats just bad luck?

Put these two problems together (assuming my guesses of how it willl work are correct) -

I make 10 patron names put them in one different nation and buy 100 credits - i'll get 100 credits for my main name and 100 bonus credits in a different nation...

I'm not suggesting I will do this im just pointing out a possible explot in the game..

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:49 pm

hmm good point or i put 100 names (is there a name cap inside nations?) all patroned in 1 nation and buy 100 credits ill get 1000 extra in that nation... but i believe it goes to the home nation of the username being as the username is tied to the home nation.

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 am

Each username can have only one patron. Each username can have any number of "followers" (other usernames who have that username as their patron).

So if you buy 100 credits, your patron will get 10 credits. These are 10 extra credits, they don't come out of your 100. Because you can only have one patron, there's no way to get more than 10 extra credits out of a purchase of 100 credits. It is true that if you have another of your own usernames as a patron, you will get that 10 credits bonus yourself. Same with the patron XP bonus. I expect that experienced players with multiple nations will tend to use it this way, but hopefully it will be worthwhile anyway for how it will motivate experienced players to help out newbies.

And yes, the credits will go to whatever nation the patron is in at the time the purchase is made.

anotherterror

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:21 pm

The in game description says:

"you will recive 2% xp your patron earns and 10% credits they buy! You both benefit, your patron will also recive 2% of the xp you earn, and 10% of any credits you buy"

Is this description wrong?

My example is if I make 100 'followers' they will all get 10% of my credits..

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:03 am

Wow, I checked the code and you're exactly right, that is how it's set up right now. Talk about a huge loophole... someone could make 100 usernames, put them all in their nation and make their main username the patron for all of them. If they then buy $10 of credits with their main username, their nation would get $110 worth of credits!

Not sure yet how best to fix this. The simplest way would be to get rid of the credit bonus that followers get from their patron's credit purchases. That would decrease the motivation to get a patron though. Maybe something like only one bonus allowed per nation per purchase could work, since credits can't be transferred between nations. Then again, if followers get a share of credit purchases, I can imagine everyone announcing in chat when they're about to purchase credits, to gain lots of short term followers.

I'll have to think about this further. Anyone else have thought/ideas on this?

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:07 am

Another possible solution would be to split the 10% bonus evenly among all of the patron's followers. That would have the advantage of giving a bigger motivation to become a follower of a patron who doesn't yet have a lot of other followers.

Sphinx

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Maybe give the follower credits to the "original" nation of that follower.

User who buys it, gets in the nation where he is at right now. Not sure how it works if the nation doesn't exist any more.

anotherterror

Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm not sure of a 'best' solution...
I like sphinx's idea that credits will allways go the the followers orignial nation, (maybe a message sent to the player- offering the choice to move the credits into thier current nation - this option being a monitored manual transfer by game mods/admin) (Manual move would easily flag abuse of 100's of credits all going to the same place, But could be a full time job for admins)

Even with the credits going the original nation could be abused by seeds that need 500 credits to unite

Also i hadn't considered the 'temp follower' effect... i was assuming patron would be a one off offer during sign up like a referal code rather than a changeable choice thoughout the game..

A share of the 10% might be an idea but i see patrons removing less favoured followers during purchase to increase payout to prefured followers... not sure if that good or bad at the moment..

I look forward to the solution - like i said im planning on promoting when you get going so would like to know the referal rewards :)

Zero

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Lower down the credit payout to followers from 10% to 1%, all followers gets it.

If someone wants to exploit it, let him go through the tedious task of making 100 followers. Plus if someone buys 1k creds, followers gets only 10c. He will have to buy atleast 50k to get 500c in followers. Good for you if someone buys that much.

Or, the second solution will be that, the payout is 10%, only one follower gets it, the patron will have to choose the follower who gets it.

• Information