State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Tupac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:54 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm
Tupac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:58 pm
SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:57 pm
Or stay off the server.
It was just made clear if you come near us. We are going to play, and attack.
Exactly. Stay off the server or you will wiped and jailed. That was the message made clear to me.

Good job encouraging game play.
Your welcome :)

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 pm

As you can see Mike, The state of the community is in shambles. You have about 6-7 active players working together stairstepping the 500x500 zones with their nations bypassing that restriction and making it a useless feature.

The same handful of players are targetting any nation that steps into their zones unless they are allies of theirs or have a peace treaty. I recall a time when you Mike mentioned a "hole" that you didnt want players to be dug into. I feel that making geo affect offence at 25% geo you will never kill a wall of a nation at 100 geo and a t3 wall. So what thyyey do is surround 1-2 of your tiles and unless you are spending credits to migrate you are literally unnable to play. is this the "hole" you mentioned? I soent 195k inj total trying to kill 1 tile yesterday and due to being at 25% geo and no stats from any res vs a nation with 300+ stats able to buy temporary techs at will.. well i wasnt even denting the wall... almost 200k mp gone with 0 points, 0 progress on damage, just a literal wayste. is this the "hole" you mentioned????

These saame players namely Slayer has more than 75 usernames from alpha.. so the 5 name creation clause only benefits us alpha playyers who already had alist of usernames. new players are at a disadvantage because of this and why I propose only allowing each player to have 1 username and nation... If they want to go back and compete in the lower level areas they would have to unite their nation somewhere to absorb the levels and go back to level 1.... makes sense to me eh??? 1 name 1 nation still able to jump into other nations if you wait the day or hours or whatever the fealty restriction.

Manpower must be adressed as well as offencive stats when geo is low because currently players are able to be jailed and kept i that jail unless they pay to escape which should not be so. We should be able to freely roam the map. one proposal is make unites free. this would discourage people from jailing as you cold just migrate out. Another solution to the jailing problem is an idea i had that replicates decay. thje idea is that after you have attacked 1 square 50 times simultaneously it will go into decay and tear the wall down. What this would do is allow you to keep the offence mechanics the same as far as geo is concerned, not change anything with uniting, and give players being hunted a way to escape and try to recover themselves. Currently it is unrecoverable.. if you go past level 110... Immortal Outlaws, Killemall, WarMachine, Black Mamba are sitting in stairstep 500x500 zones to make sure they can jail any nation up there. I feel liek this is an exploit of the zoning and needs adressed.

Another server is an option just make a server generate a random map remove towers have only walls no manpower energy works the same 9would only be for walls i mean cmon) Or find some time to compile the old game to give people an escape from the tyranny happening in the new game. And to cure our veteran nostolgia.

I personally liek the idea of new woc mechanics w/o towers only walls on a manpower free server. just a giant clickfest and managing energy to wall off areas well. or even make the nodes wallable on the res/orb itself like old forts. Basically like old game feel with all the new polish.

Just some of my ideas and assesment of this thread. I hope you take this into consideration seriously before steam release or at release. a second server... options. We need a way to defend ourselves from Immortal Outlaws.. Right now nobody can defend against them with the current game mechanics.

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:03 pm

loki wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 pm
As you can see Mike, The state of the community is in shambles. You have about 6-7 active players working together stairstepping the 500x500 zones with their nations bypassing that restriction and making it a useless feature.

The same handful of players are targetting any nation that steps into their zones unless they are allies of theirs or have a peace treaty. I recall a time when you Mike mentioned a "hole" that you didnt want players to be dug into. I feel that making geo affect offence at 25% geo you will never kill a wall of a nation at 100 geo and a t3 wall. So what thyyey do is surround 1-2 of your tiles and unless you are spending credits to migrate you are literally unnable to play. is this the "hole" you mentioned? I soent 195k inj total trying to kill 1 tile yesterday and due to being at 25% geo and no stats from any res vs a nation with 300+ stats able to buy temporary techs at will.. well i wasnt even denting the wall... almost 200k mp gone with 0 points, 0 progress on damage, just a literal wayste. is this the "hole" you mentioned????

These saame players namely Slayer has more than 75 usernames from alpha.. so the 5 name creation clause only benefits us alpha playyers who already had alist of usernames. new players are at a disadvantage because of this and why I propose only allowing each player to have 1 username and nation... If they want to go back and compete in the lower level areas they would have to unite their nation somewhere to absorb the levels and go back to level 1.... makes sense to me eh??? 1 name 1 nation still able to jump into other nations if you wait the day or hours or whatever the fealty restriction.

Manpower must be adressed as well as offencive stats when geo is low because currently players are able to be jailed and kept i that jail unless they pay to escape which should not be so. We should be able to freely roam the map. one proposal is make unites free. this would discourage people from jailing as you cold just migrate out. Another solution to the jailing problem is an idea i had that replicates decay. thje idea is that after you have attacked 1 square 50 times simultaneously it will go into decay and tear the wall down. What this would do is allow you to keep the offence mechanics the same as far as geo is concerned, not change anything with uniting, and give players being hunted a way to escape and try to recover themselves. Currently it is unrecoverable.. if you go past level 110... Immortal Outlaws, Killemall, WarMachine, Black Mamba are sitting in stairstep 500x500 zones to make sure they can jail any nation up there. I feel liek this is an exploit of the zoning and needs adressed.

Another server is an option just make a server generate a random map remove towers have only walls no manpower energy works the same 9would only be for walls i mean cmon) Or find some time to compile the old game to give people an escape from the tyranny happening in the new game. And to cure our veteran nostolgia.

I personally liek the idea of new woc mechanics w/o towers only walls on a manpower free server. just a giant clickfest and managing energy to wall off areas well. or even make the nodes wallable on the res/orb itself like old forts. Basically like old game feel with all the new polish.

Just some of my ideas and assesment of this thread. I hope you take this into consideration seriously before steam release or at release. a second server... options. We need a way to defend ourselves from Immortal Outlaws.. Right now nobody can defend against them with the current game mechanics.
How come we know how to beat each other? How come none of you work together there isn’t that many of us. Why don’t you use a strategy? But I am totally saving this. You don’t want to play you want it handed to you. Basically from what I’ve seen. We worked for this. So you should have to too.

TeamDylan

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:33 pm

loki from the time you were put in jail to the time you logged out, i was watching the entire time. you probably spent maybe 30k mp attacking walls. as soon as you were put in jail you complained about not having mp, maybe you are just a liar. jails were a thing in old woc too im sure you remember.you can either migrate out for free if you wait the time or you can pay the 60c but this option is up too the sov or the co sov of the nation. if jurgen didnt give you high enough rank yall need to work that out with the sov of the nation. the reason you were jailed becuase you teamed up with lisha when she was hitting us or maybe she teamed up with you idk. but she was attacking us, then spitfire allied and you came too, along with some other people. we are simply defending what we have from someone wanting to take it. pretty sure that is what this entire game is about. yes the map is small but it will get bigger from what everyone is saying. everytime we get attacked we win, obviously yall just dont know how to attack or even go about trying to take vetland. look at what you have been doing and change it because it dont work. mike should not have to change the game to make it work for you. watch the tutorial and learn how to play war of conquest.

i also wouldnt mind if the old woc server came back and what was wrong with 2 clients on one computer but both names cant be in the same nation. like it was on the old woc. 2 names in the same nations would need 2 computers, if you have two or more computers thats an advantage and im pretty sure war is all about getting the upper hand on the enemy

Surfa

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:41 pm

The rules have changed multiple times, and we have adjusted our strategy and kept it movin. At some point no matter what the rules are you are going to have to be more active and have a better strategy to beat us. As Todd pointed out the other day, what happens if you do wipe us? Because we are active it would probably take us a day if that to regroup. Your same strategy of migrating in and hitting us with no rhyme or reason clearly isnt working, and jail or no jail mp or no mp wont matter. At some point whoever wipes us will have to hold it, and we put in a lot of hours and coordination to do that. Based on what we have seen come at us, no one wants or has the ability to do that, which is why they lose. Rules are not going to change that because we have gone through geo, max land, mp burn, mp burn effecting hp, and 500x500 and it doesnt matter.
"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?"

SkyHunter

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:31 am

Surfa wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:41 pm
The rules have changed multiple times, and we have adjusted our strategy and kept it movin. At some point no matter what the rules are you are going to have to be more active and have a better strategy to beat us. As Todd pointed out the other day, what happens if you do wipe us? Because we are active it would probably take us a day if that to regroup. Your same strategy of migrating in and hitting us with no rhyme or reason clearly isnt working, and jail or no jail mp or no mp wont matter. At some point whoever wipes us will have to hold it, and we put in a lot of hours and coordination to do that. Based on what we have seen come at us, no one wants or has the ability to do that, which is why they lose. Rules are not going to change that because we have gone through geo, max land, mp burn, mp burn effecting hp, and 500x500 and it doesnt matter.
The only way to beat you would be if you were all offline long enough for 4 already high level nations with at least 2 active members each to hit all four of your nations at once. That is not going happen. MP is so expensive, that those 4 nations would also need to drop at least $100 each. And then they would likely spend all of their credits and then some by the time the battle is over. a battle they would probably lose, since it is unlikely they would have enough time get the upper hand. So unless someone wants to throw away $500 on a highly unlikely outcome, you will own the map.

Changing the rules won't help. You have the strategic advantage, and as long as you allow no other nations into the East, you will keep it.

But I don't really care about that. I just wanted to play and you pinheads indiscriminately decided not to let me.

In the old WOC, I could just farm and ignore you pinheads and your strutting and crowing. But not in this one. I can't even settle a nation.

What did I do to deserve it? I retaliated for being wiped.

The problem here is not the game, it's the pinheads playing it.

lisha1981

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 am

SkyHunter wrote:
The only way to beat you would be if you were all offline long enough for 4 already high level nations with at least 2 active members each to hit all four of your nations at once. That is not going happen. MP is so expensive, that those 4 nations would also need to drop at least $100 each. And then they would likely spend all of their credits and then some by the time the battle is over. a battle they would probably lose, since it is unlikely they would have enough time get the upper hand. So unless someone wants to throw away $500 on a highly unlikely outcome, you will own the map.

Changing the rules won't help. You have the strategic advantage, and as long as you allow no other nations into the East, you will keep it.

But I don't really care about that. I just wanted to play and you pinheads indiscriminately decided not to let me.

In the old WOC, I could just farm and ignore you pinheads and your strutting and crowing. But not in this one. I can't even settle a nation.

I Completely agree, as far as my joining with spit or the other way around, yes i teamed with them because after doing absolutely nothing i woke up to having my entire nation 1 squared because of Dylan and Tupac making some stupid bet with Todd that he couldn't wipe me... I don't have 24 hours a day to play a game, i dont have an unlimited source of credits or a way to retaliate or even get my stuff back. I tried to build, didn't hit anyone and simply told pac he was being a dick for being wiped and that was declared enough to cost me any chance of rebuilding. I did not touch anything you were on Dylan, Nor did i touch Pac, Slayer or anyone up there, you all chose to move me there simply to give you a stronger advantage so you could keep us from rebuilding. The worst part is you have all teamed up with people who are real life friends and caused a tonne of drama in our real lives... I have had to battle with my own father because of what you all have done with george and now george has decided to attack me. The name calling finally got to me again last night and because of your crap i spent the evening in tears... You are all Bully's regardless of what you think, from calling people fatties to dogs, discriminating against suxual preference or downing on my wife you finally pulled enough yesterday i was asked to delete the game and yea i got mad, i said some things i am not so proud of, but one person can only handle so much bullshit. Dylan you have 0 room to speak of old woc, everyone in the game knows you are far from a vet, 25 years old doesn't make you old enough to be a vet... you would have been 10 when woc went offline. So shut your pie hole talking like you know anything about what the community was like back then. it was welcoming, it was battling for ONE Thing (The fire) and having fun doing so, it was several teams working together to achieve the same goal against eachother, not several teams fighting together to keep the same stuff... We all had our nations, we all played and we all enjoyed it... IF you cannot see that we don't all enjoy this, than you are naive and honestly ignorant to what reality is.... There are 4 nations who are happy with how woc is, there are 50+ nations who aren't and probably twice as many who have quit because of you all... Something has to give, you all need to grow up and get your heads out of your butts... Right now the game is a pay to play game. It was never supposed to be like this but because of you all having an unlimited supply of credits to burn, we have no other option but to pay to play... Anyhow i hope mike does what needs done and fixed this crap. One idea i have is to not allow a player to reach the higher grounds right away after rebirth. if they rebirth in one nation they mist stay in that nation for 72 hours and not able to play in another nation until that 72 hour fealty is up. That would solve alot of this crap and give other players a 3 day grace period to play while they have to set back up from scratch like we do... And if you play in one nation over level 120, you should not be allowed to play in another nation over 120 period... fealty should be restricted.

Surfa

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:12 am

I cant speak on skys experience cause i wasnt there or dont remember. I myself dont hunt people across the map unless its spit but im sure some of us do. Lisha, Pac called you fat, which was childish sure, but you went into toddler mode after that so i had no problem wiping you. You consistantly got personal and tried to insult me multiple times even though i never said anything to you. And if anything that happens in a game angers you that much or effects real relationships then clearly you guys dont have the emotional maturity to play and you should delete the game.

I let dea come and build in the east and all he did was build up and start to hit us. So we are not letting people up unless we have a discussion first. Scott was up here and was hitting orbs just fine. Todd leveled on his main to much and he ended up goin back west but we didnt touch him. Clone is up here doing his own thing and doesnt fight for us. And if we are so toxic then how come we have lost 0 players and added 3 new ones, yet the supposedly 50 people that hate us so much cant get together and do anything.
"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?"

Tupac

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:41 am

lisha1981 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 am
SkyHunter wrote:

I Completely agree, as far as my joining with spit or the other way around, yes i teamed with them because after doing absolutely nothing i woke up to having my entire nation 1 squared because of Dylan and Tupac making some stupid bet with Todd that he couldn't wipe me... I don't have 24 hours a day to play a game, i dont have an unlimited source of credits or a way to retaliate or even get my stuff back. I tried to build, didn't hit anyone and simply told pac he was being a dick for being wiped and that was declared enough to cost me any chance of rebuilding. I did not touch anything you were on Dylan, Nor did i touch Pac, Slayer or anyone up there, you all chose to move me there simply to give you a stronger advantage so you could keep us from rebuilding. The worst part is you have all teamed up with people who are real life friends and caused a tonne of drama in our real lives... I have had to battle with my own father because of what you all have done with george and now george has decided to attack me. The name calling finally got to me again last night and because of your crap i spent the evening in tears... You are all Bully's regardless of what you think, from calling people fatties to dogs, discriminating against suxual preference or downing on my wife you finally pulled enough yesterday i was asked to delete the game and yea i got mad, i said some things i am not so proud of, but one person can only handle so much bullshit. Dylan you have 0 room to speak of old woc, everyone in the game knows you are far from a vet, 25 years old doesn't make you old enough to be a vet... you would have been 10 when woc went offline. So shut your pie hole talking like you know anything about what the community was like back then. it was welcoming, it was battling for ONE Thing (The fire) and having fun doing so, it was several teams working together to achieve the same goal against eachother, not several teams fighting together to keep the same stuff... We all had our nations, we all played and we all enjoyed it... IF you cannot see that we don't all enjoy this, than you are naive and honestly ignorant to what reality is.... There are 4 nations who are happy with how woc is, there are 50+ nations who aren't and probably twice as many who have quit because of you all... Something has to give, you all need to grow up and get your heads out of your butts... Right now the game is a pay to play game. It was never supposed to be like this but because of you all having an unlimited supply of credits to burn, we have no other option but to pay to play... Anyhow i hope mike does what needs done and fixed this crap. One idea i have is to not allow a player to reach the higher grounds right away after rebirth. if they rebirth in one nation they mist stay in that nation for 72 hours and not able to play in another nation until that 72 hour fealty is up. That would solve alot of this crap and give other players a 3 day grace period to play while they have to set back up from scratch like we do... And if you play in one nation over level 120, you should not be allowed to play in another nation over 120 period... fealty should be restricted.
As much time as each of you have put into these posts about how you don’t play, and don’t change your strategy. You probably could of all teamed up and got somewhere. You can’t keep making rules for people who don’t know how to play or can’t accept losing. We use our brain. The game was designed to make you think. Not hand it to you like you all want. We faced every problem each of you are complaining about. Do you see a post about it? No.....we fought for months. You barely fight for a few hours.

TeamDylan

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:53 am

exactly lisha im a noob, whats yalls excuse

• Information