Rocket launcer trigger range

If something's not working right, let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Rocket launcher I triggers when attacking squares that are in radius 5 of them. RL is 0, next square is radius 1, then 2 etc until 5. They trigger when the square at range 5 is attacked. The stats say radius is 4.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 am

In the example you sent me of this, the rocket launcher is 4 spaces to the south of the target, and 2 spaces to the west. According to the Pythagorean theorum the distance between them is therefore 4.47, which rounds to 4, and so is considered within range.

So, the area of range of a range 4 defense looks like this:

--*****--
-*******-
****o****
-*******-
--*****--

I could have it consider anything at all above 4 to be out of range, but then it would look like this:

----*----
-*******-
-*******-
-*******-
****o****
-*******-
-*******-
-*******-
----*----

(hard to see with the character graphics, but it's basically a square with points coming out in the middle of each side)

Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 am

I looked it as 4 moves from the rocket launcher. Having "numerical" 4,47 distance is actually more than 4 and should be out of range.
The "numerical" distance wouldnt be the same when you have 4 squares straight or 4 squares diagonal, but it would be easier to see it in game, whether a building is in range or not.

What do you think?

Sphinx

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Little bump :)

This applies to all towers not just RL. Currently 4 range ones shoot at a square that are 5 steps away from them.

• Information