Cyber/Personal Threats

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Buzz Lightyear

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:47 am

This taken direct from the Terms and Conditions

"Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive."

Personally I think Mike should give a formal warning and then a permanent ban for a subsequent offense if only for the reason of making a statement and to send a message to the community that this sort of stuff won't be tolerated.

I know the game lends itself to this sort of behaviour by the very nature of what it is but players must remember it is just a game and if you really don't like someone on here or what they do I suggest walking away and cool off for a bit.

Tupac

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:11 am

Threatening peoples jobs too? I mean I'm not highly concerned about it, but its the point. Its a damn game.

Tupac

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:23 pm

This is what can happen with stuff like this:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/30/us/kansa ... index.html

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Real world threats can't be tolerated in the game, and are against the posted rules. (See http://warofconquest.com/terms-and-conditions/ under License Limitations.) Real world threats include not only threats of violence, but also threats of hacking people's machines, doxing them, getting them fired, or any other form of harm that's outside of the game itself.

In the case discussed here I've sent a warning and a chat ban, and further violations will result in a game ban.

anotherterror

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Mike launch the game already!
Get chat mods and game mods.
ban people who break rules.

Don't let this version of WoC end the same way as the last version, endless beta with 10 or so 'vets' bitching at each other.

My 2 cents.
AT.

• Information