Few bugs i found after couple hours of playing

If something's not working right, let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Some things i found on PC:

Oil resource weird clipping when on coast tile.
Floating numbers getting stuck and stacking (like +8 exp and -8 manpower).
Game laggy(lower fps) when window not focused.
Orb showing 201,370,380 in ranking screen right after capturing.
No way to cancel migrate.

Music starting on random occasions. Maybe play something all the time or add an option for separate music mute, while sound effects stay.

Messages come before combat finishes. I understand, that the combat progress is visual only, the server already knows the result, but maybe for sake of immersion, try to delay the messages until the combat finishes for the client.

(Overall a great game :))

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:47 am

Thanks for the bug reports, I'll look into each of them.

Note that on the Options panel there is a checkbox to turn just the music on/off. (That was added just a few days ago, so if you have an older client, it wouldn't have that option.) Some music tracks are set to play when certain conditions are met, such as in the heat of battle, when exploring the map, etc. Unfortunately the budget wouldn't allow for constant music without it getting really repetitive really fast.

Which messages are showing up before the attack finished? I tried hard to delay everything the client shows until the attack is finished, but I'm sure I missed something.

Glad you're enjoying the game overall :D

Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:26 am

I'll try to mark down the exact messages. One i think was "we discovered a new resource".

Downloaded the client again, the music option is there now.

Also, the game crashed twice in a few hours. I couldn't reproduce by doing the same thing and i didn't find any client-side logs. One crash was when i was creating a map marker. Another one was when i was just holding down the mouse and moving the map back and forth.

Sphinx

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 pm

Capturing any resource or orb (as many as i have seen, havent seen everything) will start the message tab blinking before the combat is over.

Cant see nation info when the tile has a building or a resource. This might be more a feature request than a bug.

If you attack the last square of a nation, it disappears before the combat is over.

Can't attack right away when combat is over. It seems to block for around a second or so. This is actually mildly annoying, since if one click doesn't start the combat, the enemy tile has time to regenerate.

Loki

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm

I have experienced this too... say for example you attack an orb or a rescource... the sound would go off confirming that you have won the atatck before the attack bars even start moving. There have also been instances when i was attacking a open tile that the square dissapears and shows vacant land also verifying a win. The biggest issue with these is I can click on a rescource... if i hear the sound or see the blank tile i can click somewhere on the map and start moving my "walker tile" because i already know i have won the attack. this allows me to move to resources at an accellerated rate.

Loki

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Sphinx wrote:
Cant see nation info when the tile has a building or a resource. This might be more a feature request than a bug.

Can't attack right away when combat is over. It seems to block for around a second or so. This is actually mildly annoying, since if one click doesn't start the combat, the enemy tile has time to regenerate.

To info a nation that is holding a rescource or orb.. if you click the structure.. and it will display a line saying held by "nationname" .. if you click that it will bring up the nation info. You can also type /info Nationname to info them.

I have also experienced the attack delay... this is especially bad when fighting rocket launchers,.... trying to get your atatck inbetween their cooldowns.

Sphinx

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:25 pm

loki wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm
Sphinx wrote:

To info a nation that is holding a rescource or orb.. if you click the structure.. and it will display a line saying held by "nationname" .. if you click that it will bring up the nation info. You can also type /info Nationname to info them.
Ok thanks, thats helpful.

• Information