Resource Hoarding

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:14 am

I am sorry Loki.

But when all your comments are negative, and your ideas are horrible and youe intent is geared towards causing mischief and "stirring" the pot and then you make a couple of big great comments about one player.... which isn't the norm by the way...

Seems fishy...

So i call a spade a spade...

It is exactly what i said, seems you can make comments to antagonize people to initiate and aggrevate people to engage in your arguments... but when they do u coware away and say "personal attacks".. honestly man... that is just as i said in the other thread... pathetic.

Nothing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:37 pm

I know I'm a little late on this topic, but it seems to me that in the old game having lots of one square pieces of land spread out over a large area had a lot bigger impact on land efficiency.

Maybe it's that I just joined with the beta and haven't had a chance to get a lot of levels, but it as things are now, you pretty much have to be trying to into lower your efficiency below 100%. Even checker boarding a nation doesn't seem to have much impact most of the time.

It might be a good idea to have all the satellite squares many folk are creating have a bigger impact on efficiency. It would def encourage having a few large areas over dozens of one square plots.

Napoleon

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:13 am

Hey Nothing,

I support your idea. Keep em coming!

Mark

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Nothing wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:37 pm
I know I'm a little late on this topic, but it seems to me that in the old game having lots of one square pieces of land spread out over a large area had a lot bigger impact on land efficiency.

Maybe it's that I just joined with the beta and haven't had a chance to get a lot of levels, but it as things are now, you pretty much have to be trying to into lower your efficiency below 100%. Even checker boarding a nation doesn't seem to have much impact most of the time.

It might be a good idea to have all the satellite squares many folk are creating have a bigger impact on efficiency. It would def encourage having a few large areas over dozens of one square plots.
I feel like at that point no one would really use them other than for a cycle of "get res tiles -> attack orb -> abandon res tiles -> repeat".

But anyway, I do agree that something needs to change with how resources are now. Right now the meta basically revolves around waiting for the top level to advance east and then swooping in before anyone else and taking the resources. At that point you're unstoppable.

Napoleon

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 pm

To add to what you are saying Mark, the top teams will simply rotate nations handing the orbs off to themselves.

That isn't good for game growth at all.

Especially since Rebirth was suppose to stop the domination.

Switching nations before rebirth just makes the purpose of rebirth pointless. Same players on top at all times.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Last night's fix lowered geo for some of the top nations that were affected by the bug, but it looks like geo is still not limiting enough; the top nations still have resources well beyond the stat caps (and very high XP multiplier, which doesn't currently have a stat cap).

I'm planning on making a small change soon to how geo efficiency is calculated that will put a greater penalty on single squares, and also increase the effectiveness of checkering. We'll see how much of a difference that makes. Basically a nation's "border" will be the length of its border, rather than the count of the number of squares on its border. So a single isolated square would add 4 to border (for its 4 sides), rather than just 1 as it does now.

As for large teams of players working together, handing off orbs to each other, and handing off nations as rebirths happen, I'm not yet sure how to address this. Trying to limit the number of usernames or nations per player is an uphill battle, as there are ways to get around it, and even if it succeeds it just means players would need a larger team but could still accomplish the same things.

I'm thinking of maybe some kind of faction or bounty system that in some way incentivises players to fight against the leading teams, or form counter-factions. Not sure how this would work. Ideas welcome.

Sphinx

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Making single squares count 4x as much towards destroying geo efficiency would probably break everything.

Todays update already made difficult it hold enough resources for a cap, some mp gen and energy gen. If you change it drasticly, then you cant hold orbs and res at the same time any more. This would make alt nations even more rampant.

I suggest wait a little bit with that change or do it smaller increments.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Even after last night's fix the most powerful nations have resources worth 50%-100% more tech, bio and psi than the stat caps allow, and have huge XP multipliers. The geo efficiency change I'm considering would reduce the number of single squares a nation could have, but as long as they have a significant main they'd still be able to have quite a few.

Stillpimpin619

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:12 am

LOL. This just made my day with nap on Loki. But no. Res hoarding is the game. I don't see America being restricted on it's gold. Or the middle East on it's oil. If you over cap by 300% it prevents you from your stats dropping when you're not online. If someone wants them. Take them. It's just a handicap for nation's. Stop handicapping ppl. Just like the 2 mo refills now. There's no rewards based on purchasing. Every game has the ability to get a perk from buying. If I can out it you in war to constantly attack. I should be allowed 2. Just like res. Just like anything lol. Stop handicapping everything to cater to ppl. It's WAR of conquest. Y'all got us playing tea party with all these new rules.

Napoleon

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am

Having more than 2 purchases for MP makes it a pay to win game, and Mike has stated he doesn't want it to be that way unfortunately.

I actually an advocate of a resource burn for stat based resources that makes it hurt your statistics if you hold too many statistic based resources. Which in turn makes nations not hoard them which makes more nations have resources and incites competition.

Real life analogies about the United States and other nations hoarding resources here doesn't apply, simply because in order for this game to succeed it needs to decrease domination and increase availability of resources.

• Information