Resource Hoarding

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:26 pm

There needs to be a discussion and a solution drawn up to solve nations hoarding resources under the current geo curve.

To think one nation should be allowed to hoard if it wants is a profound error, there needs to be limits.

Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 pm

While i think you're probably right, we just don't have enough people. When the server would be filled, the resources would be contested a lot more.

Napoleon

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 pm

This is true, but I still feel there should be a cap so the situation never happens.

Active nations can still do it even if there is more competition.

Sphinx

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Wasn't there an idea to increase the amount of resources and reduce the amount they give? To make the world see more lively. Also add new resources. When geo gets nerfed and resources get added, then its bad the other way around, cant hold enough resources.

I think add the resources first, then see how it goes, probably too early for the geo nerf.

Napoleon

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Good point, I did suggest that.

However, I still wanted a post like this added as reference so it can be revisited if it is still relevant.

My personal opinion though is there should be some form of cap to it.

But... that's just me.

anotherterror

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 pm

I agree res hoarding is a problem, even with more players there is no damage to setting a limit, even if it is never reached once the game is public,
I think the idea of 'overburn' could be added to over res stats.... It could almost be described as 'supply and demand' ... as you over res, that res becomes less valuble and its stats drop a persentage as you go over, that percentage drop increases the further over ressed you go...

Napoleon

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:39 am

I like Terrors idea, could give it a try and see how it effects the game play.

If it's unpopular or ineffective we can try another solution.

Whole point of this is to test things.

Loki

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Terror is delving into the realm of diminishing returns which mike doesn't want he wants expanding returns for res.. so you hold less for the stats you need at the highest levels.

Here is an idea to prevent the nations from hoarding the res..... stop holding each others dicks. All these deals and blaze blaze is fine and dandy when theres more players... but when theres 10 you cant all work together... lame .

I propose you all seperate and go at eachother for thhe rest of alpha... see nap and jurg go at it.. perrin and slayer duke it out... (slayer will beat any of you solo btw)

the problem isnt the mechanic here... it is the lack of players..... When theres more... THEN make a decision on this.

Napoleon

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:08 am

Better get the knee pads out Loki, your knees are going to get sore from sucking slayer dick.

Loki

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Napoleon wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:08 am
Better get the knee pads out Loki, your knees are going to get sore from sucking slayer dick.

More personal atatcks is that all you can do??? please stop

• Information