Needs more depth

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Zethive
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Mike, you said that purchased credits will be transferable.
In old WoC the orbs' earnings could also be transferred. Is this something that will exist? For those who work hard but don't have as much financial backing this felt it made it more equal.

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:18 pm

If a nation can transfer its orb winnings to other nations, it will transfer them to its seeds and allies... the result is that the most powerful nations (those who can hold orbs) will have an even greater advantage, helping perpetuate their team's continued domination. I figure that's something to be avoided; the nations powerful enough to have substantial orb winnings are already doing very well. For this reason I wasn't going to make credits transferable at all; credits would only be usable to help their own nation's progress, to avoid this sort of passing off of power between nations.

Then I thought, purchased credits are a little different, though. If you purchase credits and give them to another nation, it's the same thing as sending that other nation money to purchase their own credits with. That's not something I could stop anyway, so why not make it easier and less fraud-prone by allowing purchased credits to be transferred in-game.

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:09 pm

I agree with transferable purchased credits.

But what about kick starter credits? I can transfer those correct?

About the seeding Mike, how is that possible if a nation can only have one sov? People can get screwed over very quick.

Say someone has a seed I want to buy, and I send him credits to purchase it at whatever price has been discussed... Now I get in it, he removes... but because I am not sov... I can't unite... and I have to rely on his good faith that he will unite it for me...

This creates a level of theft that shouldn't exist...

Secondly, you're telling me I can't use my orb winnings to buy seeds since they can't be transferred? You're kidding?

---------

How would you even have a boss fight in WoC? A high level nation just goes around wiping everyone and settling land... and the objective is to wipe him completely down to 0 squares? You get a percentage of the winnings for how much you wipe of that nation?

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Napoleon wrote:
I agree with transferable purchased credits.

But what about kick starter credits? I can transfer those correct?
Yes, Kickstarter credits will count as purchased.
Napoleon wrote:
About the seeding Mike, how is that possible if a nation can only have one sov? People can get screwed over very quick.

Say someone has a seed I want to buy, and I send him credits to purchase it at whatever price has been discussed... Now I get in it, he removes... but because I am not sov... I can't unite... and I have to rely on his good faith that he will unite it for me...

This creates a level of theft that shouldn't exist...
Given that the player who creates a nation is permanently connected to it, seeding can't work well in the old way of outright buying nations. But you can still pay someone to unite their seed into your nation. You say that is subject to fraud because after you pay them, you have to trust they will carry through with the unite. But in the other scenario where you buy the nation outright, you still have to trust that they will give you the nation, so isn't just as subject to fraud?
Napoleon wrote:
Secondly, you're telling me I can't use my orb winnings to buy seeds since they can't be transferred? You're kidding?
That's what I'm telling you, reason being that orb winnings being transferable would create a feedback loop of the most powerful nations being able to perpetuate their power. I may consider having a limited amount of orb winnings being transferable per month, say. I just don't want it creating a loop of perpetually dominant nations, as was the case in old WoC.

Napoleon

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 am

On the topic on buying seeds.

In old WoC you didn't have fraud related theft closer to the end.

You guys created a system within the client for buy nations for credits.

You input the nations information and how much you were going to pay... and the sovereign of the other nation had the choice in a separate panel to purchase the nation.

So no old WoC was a bad reference for fraud as it didn't apply once you created the system.

I am not telling you to have a system, i am just saying a system like you once had eliminates the fraud element.

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Napoleon wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 am
On the topic on buying seeds.

In old WoC you didn't have fraud related theft closer to the end.

You guys created a system within the client for buy nations for credits.

You input the nations information and how much you were going to pay... and the sovereign of the other nation had the choice in a separate panel to purchase the nation.

So no old WoC was a bad reference for fraud as it didn't apply once you created the system.

I am not telling you to have a system, i am just saying a system like you once had eliminates the fraud element.
That's a good idea, I'll think about doing something like that. That was after my time actively working on old WoC, Mele created that system.

• Information