Alternate accounts

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am

Whats the policy on alt accounts currently? I see people using and abusing them. Creating nations to farm exp between your own nation and so on.

My view is, each player should be in only one nation with only one account. In alpha with keys and such, this can be somehow controlled. But in the future, as a free to play game, this can not so easily.

Maybe limit logins per IP? This could also be problematic for households with multiple people playing.

I'm interested to see what other people think.

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am

Making many nations was always part of the core of woc. People used them in the original game as level boosters and plants, however planting has been fixed by allowing the single square migrate... so seeding would only be neccessary as a level booster.. which after a few rb will be extremely useful.

Duke

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Sure link it to my IP. Only gives us more of an advantage. Some of us have tons of old laptops, tablets, and phones sitting around with capabilities to mask IP.

I think you leave it as is. Let anyone create as many nations and usernames as they want. Otherwise you give us with these capabilities more power. And I doubt Mike wants that.

Mike
Site Admin

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Yeah this is a tricky question. Multiple nations working together can be used to speed leveling and give an advantage, but this can never be eliminated completely because anything a player can do with multiple nations, they can also do by working with friends who each have one nation.

So I figure the best approach is to 1) Use the manpower restriction to keep any one nation from having too great an advantage over another, regardless of how many members it has and how much time those members have to play, 2) Allow players to have multiple nations, so that people who want to play WoC a lot more than the manpower restriction allows, will be able to do so using multiple nations, without giving any one of those nations a huge advantage, and 3) Close any loopholes that give multiple nations or multiple players working together too much of an advantage, as I did by reducing how defenses could be used to generate XP, and will soon do by closing the splash manpower loophole. No doubt there will be others that will need closing as well.

Finally there's the issue of whether it would be possible to limit each player to one nation. The most effective way to do that would be to go by each device's unique ID, and limit each device to one account. This could be done by simply removing the "Log Out" button. But still it would give an advantage to players with several different devices, and for the reasons listed above I think it may do more harm than good.

Napoleon

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:30 am

Take a look at Clash of Clans, they employ a similar system to one you mentioned.

One account, one device.

Another tool to add would be fealty, personally i think any username should have to swear allegiance to it's home nation.

Let's assume you have the Clash of Clans system, and you are playing and you run outt of manpower.... Out of manpower No Problem! ... ill just remove my username from nation 1 (the one without manpower) and add it to nation 2, (my friends nation with manpower) and keep attacking.

People with more nations have the advantage currently, with both the one account per device and fealty on usernames it would restrict the mobility of peoples resources. It can't eliminate it but something has to be done to help active players make difficult choices. Like nation A or nation B? Which device do I use for what name?

Zero

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:18 pm

What do you expect from a person playing 2 hours of WoC and a person playing 10 hours of WoC? The person playing 10 hours will definitely have an edge over the one playing 2 hours. So, leave it as it is, without creating too much complications. WoC is a game to be played with your friends, if you want to dominate the orbs. Everyone has the option to create as many nations as they want. So one can't complain that the game system is biased for players using multiple nations. The team which co-ordinates better will be the ultimate winners. So bring in your friends, plan and co-ordinate your actions. Then you can rule the map.

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:14 am

I think with the manpower limits in the new WoC, it's important to give players the option to switch to another nation, if they really want to play more per day than the mp limit will allow in one nation. That's why I haven't gone with the Clash of Clans style one-nation-per-device approach. And, multiple players and multiple nations that coordinate together (whether it's one player in multiple nations, or just a group of friends) will always have some advantage from doing so.

What I do want to do is eliminate loopholes that give multiple nations working together too much of an advantage. One change coming soon to help address that is that an attack even against a much weaker nation will use up a minimum of 25% of the manpower per attack. That will reduce the advantage players get from creating weak "feeder" nations to gain XP off of.

• Information