1 account per device.

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stillpimpin619
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 am

Everyone will hate this. Since insurgency exist and all this other stuff now. Kill seeds and extra accounts. No setting in another nation watching everything from it while insurgency runs. No seeds. No transferring resources. No planting everything. No turning over orbs to yourself. You rb. You start over. Period.

ArcticPrism
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 am

I like this. It's crazy how many alt nations players have holding resources and orbs. When one nation gets kicked out by the zone their alt nation takes over. I've also seen players using alt nations to spam walls/turrets around things another of of their nations owns. In low level areas in particular this is a problem that will easily scare off any new player.

Buzz Lightyear

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 pm

That is the first thing you have ever said Todd I agree with - lets hope I don't have to wait another 20 years to hear the second thing.

Loki

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:44 pm

I am Completely on board with this. Maybe even nix manpower restriction but restrict to 1 name that makes sense to me.

Kal_torak

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:55 pm

The reason this won't happen is that for a free to play game it is literally, technically and pragmatically impossible to prevent people from creating fake/smurf/multi accounts. Especially for a small game deve

The solution for preventing multiple accounts all working together unfairly has to come from inside the core mechanics, not from attempting to limit the number of accounts per player.

There are a few ways to implement such solutions, but none of them are perfect. I'm not going to go into details, as the WoC developer is surely aware of the issues and tradeoffs already.

For those of you not familiar, here's a few examples of other games that have similar issues. Google them for the related discussions.
  • Overwatch - PAID accounts and yet this game still has a huge smurfing problem
  • Smite - free accounts, huge amounts of smurfing, but low level accounts are severely restricted in which area they can play in. Time requirements are prohibitive enough you don't get many high level trolls/griefers
  • Travian - free accounts, huge amounts of smurfing multis working together. They try to manually ban multi accounts, doesn't work well, enormous amount of manpower spent moderating multi account rules

• Information