SVC, Temples etc

Is some element of the game overpowered? Or useless? Is there a strategy that's unbeatable?
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:49 am

So i have been noticing that some of these defenses like Supervirus and Temple if Zoth seem a bit over powered in a sense.

When they explode at level 1 they encompass a large area and at level 1 I personally feel that's too much. I know it grows slightly large at level 2 and 3 but there is very little incentive to go to those levels when level 1 is good enough.

Level 1 should in my opinion only damage an area of 3x3, level 2 5x5 and level 3 7x7. I am trying to be conservative here, but i feel there needs to be more incentive to upgrade them. They definately don't need that much of an area at that level.

Also another thing, the wait time for the dust to settle or the air to clear is too long.

Sometimes i am waiting for over an hour, that seems a bit excessive. At level 3 i think it should be no more than 20 minutes.

What do people think, it doesn't have to be as I said. I was just giving an opinion. Share how you feel about it.

Auralprophet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:53 am

"Dust to settle" time is too long.

Dev

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:30 am

Agreed. Sitting there for an hour to capture an empty orb was a little too much.

Mr-Beefy

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 am

I believe they are perfect. The incentive for upgrading is a longer time before you can enter the area. For example hipnotic inducer I only has a 2 minute timer where a III has an hour. I do not feel like this needs to change.

Randak

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:34 pm

I've had the effects last much longer than an hour. I tried to time one the other day and it was still active after 2 hours and 27 minutes (got busy after that and didn't check). It was not in a critical area (i.e. an orb or resources) and I'm fairly certain no one else activated any additional defenses.

Loki

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Was this a templeIII randak? the timers all get larger at higher tiers.... As far a sbieng 3x3 etc... are you familiar with theh smaller versions of these??? Toxic Chemicle Dump ... death hand... hipnotic inducer..... These are smaller versions of the bigger towers...... So I do not feel that making the radius of these smallet doesnt make sense.

Loki

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 pm

I think the timers of these towrers are perfect for small teams...

Randak

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Yes, it was a temple. Don't know if the area denial times are listed anywhere (or if they will be). It would be nice to know at least the range of possibilities, both for attacking and for deciding which defenses to acquire.

Loki

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:46 am

They are. if you info them it will tell you the duration. if i see you in game I'll walk you to it.

• Information