Energy, Manpower & Alliances: Proposed Changes

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:41 am

Perrin wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 am
Steve,

I'm just going to respond because I was mentioned.

I agree. Loki is an idiot and there are only a few of you playing right now. But I'm not hiding and I'm not a coward. I never hid and last I checked I'm the only one hitting your orbs and holding onto them. When the game launches, you'll still see me competing for your orbs and not hiding.

Despite of who I'm being accused of playing with, I brought up barbs by myself and helped orbholders so terror can compete also. I'm not saying that because I think highly of myself because there are far better players than me. I'm saying it because I'm right in the open im not hiding. The rumors that I have other people, like slayer and Loki, hitting you from different nations was created by your team's paranoid imagination.
you say i ws not in barbs and that is a lie :) just saying your credibility is shot.

Duke
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:44 am

Loki admitted to writing it Mike, check YOUR public woc chat logs the day of and after the "alleged" incident took place.

Sounds to me like your turning a blind eye because Loki donated more money to you than Orc did. You're no better than a sleezy politician.... So all anyone has to do is create a fake Facebook account, and threatin their enemies through that? Loki is very lucky that the threat wasn't done to me. I wouldn't have relied on you or the police to handle it.

Loki

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 am

I agree with napoleon that maybe we should try taking a notch of the maximum tower count that many of the tower defence games have. even the ones like Bloons Monkey city limit how many of a single tower type can be built with ways to raise the limits through things like structure building.

Maybe try adding somethign liek only allowing say 10 rl + 1 per 10 levels or something? but then to be fair you would have to apply that to every type of tower. but it does have an aqppeal in the tower defence genre and most of them have certain limited traps. Orcs must die Unchained is another one that even tho is a more hands on TD it still limits the most powerul or abuseable traps.

As far as the verbal assaults on me by steve and perrin calling me an idiot.. I forgive you.

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:53 am

Napoleon wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:57 am
Why not limit the amount of the best defenses they can build? So they have to place their best defenses to defend their important property. Then that means the remaining energy they can use to plac crappier defenses so they can still protect their stuff. Just not as effective.
I see what you mean; having a different limit on each type of defense would have a different effect than having a total limit on all defenses, as energy does.

My biggest doubt about that kind of approach is that, say we put a limit of 10 on rocket launchers. That's still enough to make a strong defense of one location, but not enough to use in more than a small number of locations. If we limit the number of each defense so low that a single location can't be strongly defended, then not many locations total will be able to be defended.

I would rather balance the defenses so that none are far more useful than others, but instead they're each useful in combination with each other or in different circumstances. That might mean further nerfing of rocket launchers, but not to the extent of making them useless.

I also prefer a limit on combined energy burn of defenses rather than number of each type of defense because this should allow for different players to use very different strategies. That will only be true once they're better balanced, though.

If this proves not to be possible, then yes, I'll look at other options like limiting how many of each defense type can be built (or at least the most easily abused defenses).

Sphinx

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 am

I like the update so far. Passive xp and forced RB. Also the overburn. Have to be really careful what to build.

• Information