Fealty and other ideas

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Steve
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:15 am

I think the time has come to implement fealty into new woc, for those who don't know fealty links your account to any nation over level 100 and means you can only click on that nation.

Reason being, without a fealty feature manpower can be easily bypassed by the bigger or more active teams, right now there's nothing to stop them from running 3-4-5 or more nations over level 100 and to keep a dominance over orbs and the rest of the players with no manpower issues because they can switch from nation to nation.

Resources and Geo.

After the new geo buff you introduced which was needed, it's now impossible to hit the caps on res without holding them with a single tile, now maybe you've just gone abit to far with the buff and need to adjust it or the idea is to not reach stat caps and make tough res choices? But I do remember you saying you wanted more than 1 tile res holding as so defences can spread between them and orbs.

This brings me onto my next point, I feel and many others feel there just isn't enough res, right now there's what 20-40 players and hardly any open res, and with the geo buff that tells us nobody can be over capped by much if at all, so maybe we need to add more res or the further increase the current res stats.

I know you want to encourage fighting for resources so adding so many that everyone can have them doesn't help but we need to find a balance, with only being able to hold with one tile, back and forth res fighting becomes extremely boring, I take one, you take one, I take one, you take one, I've been involved in these situations that last for days on end and with no skill required to do so it gets very Groundhog Day, I've seen plenty of people complain over it in the chat channels.

Map zoom options.

This one is just more of something I enjoyed from the last woc and I imagine you could implement it pretty easy, on old woc when you zoomed out to see the entire map you could still see where nations land was (mainly mains and big farm areas) but it was like patchwork quilts and quite a cool look, maybe have a switch so you can change between this and the current zoomed out map, plus it could also help us see how full the map is, anyone else have thoughts on this?

Rebirth

Will there be an option to buy more rebirth to stay on the map longer, I know that sounds very pay to play but maybe just do a 6 hour (250c) or 12 hour (450c) just for those who want to be online for when they rebirth and this way there's no major advantage for those who use this option.

Mike
Site Admin

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. Here are some comments:
Steve wrote:
I think the time has come to implement fealty into new woc, for those who don't know fealty links your account to any nation over level 100 and means you can only click on that nation.

Reason being, without a fealty feature manpower can be easily bypassed by the bigger or more active teams, right now there's nothing to stop them from running 3-4-5 or more nations over level 100 and to keep a dominance over orbs and the rest of the players with no manpower issues because they can switch from nation to nation.
The most practical way to do this would be to link by device, where each device would be associated with one 100+ level nation. This would still give an advantage to those using multiple devices, but would be an improvement over the current situation. I don't remember exactly how fealty worked in old WoC -- was it something like a 12 or 24 hour waiting period after you attack using one level 100+ nation, before you can attack in a different level 100+ nation?
Steve wrote:
Resources and Geo.

After the new geo buff you introduced which was needed, it's now impossible to hit the caps on res without holding them with a single tile, now maybe you've just gone abit to far with the buff and need to adjust it or the idea is to not reach stat caps and make tough res choices? But I do remember you saying you wanted more than 1 tile res holding as so defences can spread between them and orbs.

This brings me onto my next point, I feel and many others feel there just isn't enough res, right now there's what 20-40 players and hardly any open res, and with the geo buff that tells us nobody can be over capped by much if at all, so maybe we need to add more res or the further increase the current res stats.

I know you want to encourage fighting for resources so adding so many that everyone can have them doesn't help but we need to find a balance, with only being able to hold with one tile, back and forth res fighting becomes extremely boring, I take one, you take one, I take one, you take one, I've been involved in these situations that last for days on end and with no skill required to do so it gets very Groundhog Day, I've seen plenty of people complain over it in the chat channels.
This is a tricky one. On the one hand, as you anticipated, when I hear that there are "hardly any open res", my thought is "well fight for them! Do you want me to add orbs until there's one for every nation, too?" :)

But, like you said, repeatedly taking and retaking resources with a single square can no doubt get very tedious. So is there a better solution? So that resources are competitive, but not so tedious and time consuming to compete over?

If we just raise the bonus per resource, will nations start defending resources with more than a single square? I don't think so, because before the recent change to geo, nations had a lot of flexibility to use more squares, and they chose to use those extra squares to hoard resources beyond their caps, rather than defending resources in more interesting ways.

So it seems to me that increasing the bonus per resource might work, but only if geo becomes even more restrictive at the same time, so that hoarding beyond the stat caps won't be an option. The increased bonus of each resource would also make each one more worthwhile defending.

Another option would be to lower the stat caps (rather than raising the bonus per resource), while making geo more restrictive at the same time. Or, some combination of these two options could be used.

And finally another possibility to revisit, independent of those options, is whether it's an overall positive that nations now get a message telling them who stole their resource. While useful for the nation it was stolen from, it also makes nations less willing to fight for resources out of fear of reprisal.
Steve wrote:
Map zoom options.

This one is just more of something I enjoyed from the last woc and I imagine you could implement it pretty easy, on old woc when you zoomed out to see the entire map you could still see where nations land was (mainly mains and big farm areas) but it was like patchwork quilts and quite a cool look, maybe have a switch so you can change between this and the current zoomed out map, plus it could also help us see how full the map is, anyone else have thoughts on this?
Eventually I'd like to do something like this.
Steve wrote:
Rebirth

Will there be an option to buy more rebirth to stay on the map longer, I know that sounds very pay to play but maybe just do a 6 hour (250c) or 12 hour (450c) just for those who want to be online for when they rebirth and this way there's no major advantage for those who use this option.
Right now a nation can delay their rebirth by actually buying credits, as they could in the old woc. Letting a nation use credits they already have to add to their countdown could easily go wrong though, because for example a nation holding a few good orbs could just keep extending their rebirth forever.

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 am

Yes that is how fealty worked Mike. 24 hour wait time.

-------

I think the issue with no enough resources isn't the stats per resource or the stat caps... I feel it's the abundance of certain types. I previously said that I think Energy and Manpower resources should be more abundant and stats lessened. Well... I feel that this didn't go as far as I had hoped.

I imagined that those resources would be like waters, hilllocks, soil and forests of old WoC... the fact that there were soooooo many of them and I mean.... for the size old WoC was there had to be millions of them... that made it unnecessary to fight for them. It also made some mains... VERY VERY valuable.. I envision certain mains giving like 5-6k in manpower regen from over 100 soils and waters in it... that would be a real treat for nations wanting to capitalize on that and this causing main wars.... or nations with over 6k in energy in it... some would literally drool on that. That doesn't mean reduce the energy from high end energy resources like nickles skulls and ley lines by that much... but more for the smaller ones.

Right now energy and manpower resources shouldn't be fought for like statistic resources are, they should be more of a passive resource. Which means there is enough for everyone.

The smaller resources need to be more abundant, which means larger more active nations would specialize in the better ones to lessen the amount of resources they have to defend while at the same time having a resource that gives XP bonus.

Maybe increase the smaller resources like irons, ecosystems, henges by 50% to start and see how that effects things as well as my suggestion about energy and manpower resources.

--------------------

I personally think geo as it is... is perfect....

I do see steve's point with the single square resources and defense of it.... I have no suggestions on this but will have to wait and see what you do.

• Information