New Game World

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Tupac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Zenkai wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:06 pm
Guys some really great points have been made, especially from Pac. One thing I am really unsure about is the idea of putting a time limit on how much a player can play each day. The game is advertised and plays as an MMO set in a perpetual world, I just don't feel like limiting play time fits in with the style of the game. The problem may lay in MP itself, I personally have seldom been held back by my MP, I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually ran out. Granted I might be better than most at managing my MP but it still feels a bit easy. Change the mechanics or the cost of MP so that it limits people, at least that way they feel in control of it rather than being restricted. On the same subject, I feel like with MP being such an important aspect of the game, there should be a more relevant mechanism that underlies it. Hit Points Per Square and Manpower Per Attack are both stats that effect how quickly you use MP, but I don't feel like I have much interaction with those stats, apart from some techs that give them. Keep up the discussion guys :)
Zenk my friend you have to draw the line somewhere. The biggest complaint is time to play, mp limitations, and lack of understanding mechanics. He can always change the rules, but to start limit them and see how it works. The majority of them will be happy with this. If you want to play non stop you can play in the Terra server. This server is meant for new guys, and casual players in my eyes who don’t play as hardcore as say my team. This is to help develop the community to draw a larger player base, and later servers that are more open can be established. Right now we need to focus on developing players, and I think a timer will help as it reduce the control of the more experienced players that are going to jump to this server. If he doesn’t do this the same recipe will spill over on the new server, and the point of all this effort would be spoiled. This doesn’t have to be a permanent solution, but at this point what would it hurt to try.

SkyHunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:30 am

Another big problem also is lack of experience.
Which you deny have certainly denied me for the audacity to retaliate for being wiped.
They need to fight each other.
And just bend over and take when team pinhead decides to wipe them out.
We have more experience than anyone due to us constantly battling, and going from fighting nations with 600-700 resources to 50-60 tops.
When I came on the server, there were two top rival teams sharing big land, until Todd ate Spitfires main while they were leveling. You eliminated or assimilated any high level competition, so now all you do beat up on what is left.
If you don't think of something the experienced players will level non-stop and get to the top, and lock it down like we have.
Only experienced players who are pinheads. A non pinhead would understand that harassing players until they quit, locking down the map so they can't come back. I.E. discouraging and denying others the opportunity to play, especially during beta testing is counterproductive to the health of the game.
If you don't disable say XP temporaries, or reduce XP gained from resources.
That would give pinheads like you an even greater advantage, since you have leveler nations you munch for 1000's of pph. Bad idea.
They need to go at it for a while to understand mechanics, and give a feel of game play.
I had plenty of fights before being banned by the pinheads. I think you are being entirely disingenuous here. You only want more cannon fodder, because you are bored at the top, the Steam release and map expansion is a dud, and you don't want to accept any responsibility for it.
That is the problem now no one wants to fight they want to sit.
Fighting back gets you wiped and jailed. Nobody wants to play with pinheads.
They need to be forced to play.

They need to be ALLOWED TO PLAY!!!

Tupac

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:44 am

SkyHunter wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:30 am
Another big problem also is lack of experience.
Which you deny have certainly denied me for the audacity to retaliate for being wiped.
They need to fight each other.
And just bend over and take when team pinhead decides to wipe them out.
We have more experience than anyone due to us constantly battling, and going from fighting nations with 600-700 resources to 50-60 tops.
When I came on the server, there were two top rival teams sharing big land, until Todd ate Spitfires main while they were leveling. You eliminated or assimilated any high level competition, so now all you do beat up on what is left.
If you don't think of something the experienced players will level non-stop and get to the top, and lock it down like we have.
Only experienced players who are pinheads. A non pinhead would understand that harassing players until they quit, locking down the map so they can't come back. I.E. discouraging and denying others the opportunity to play, especially during beta testing is counterproductive to the health of the game.
If you don't disable say XP temporaries, or reduce XP gained from resources.
That would give pinheads like you an even greater advantage, since you have leveler nations you munch for 1000's of pph. Bad idea.
They need to go at it for a while to understand mechanics, and give a feel of game play.
I had plenty of fights before being banned by the pinheads. I think you are being entirely disingenuous here. You only want more cannon fodder, because you are bored at the top, the Steam release and map expansion is a dud, and you don't want to accept any responsibility for it.
That is the problem now no one wants to fight they want to sit.
Fighting back gets you wiped and jailed. Nobody wants to play with pinheads.
They need to be forced to play.

They need to be ALLOWED TO PLAY!!!
Can you say something positive for once? I’m not playing this server nor is my team, but as I understand more than anyone here I’m tryin to give feedback on how to prevent us. This is a discussion about improvement and building a player base. I’m sorry you got bashed in the current server, but that’s how we play like it or not. I get we are aggressive. That’s another point to this for players like you who aren’t. Move forward please. Mike is trying to build a server for players like you that don’t understand how to play and can’t dedicate heavy time to playing. This is for your benefit not mine. I’ve proved my point obviously by your multiple hatred filled posts. This is your chance to give input to have a good experience too. Take advantage of the opportunity while it’s presenting itself instead. This is a topic of growth not flaming players for gameplay or your losses.

Ps. I think you missed a part of this discussion where everyone on this server would start over at level 1. I said reduce the XP temps and res XP gains to force you to click against each and try new things. That also gets the players in battling mode, using defenses, and trying new strategies. Which is the purpose of the game.

Loki

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:45 am

Hmm I just had an epiphany that could do a few things. It could cause huge fights .. and I think it just makes sense.

So far we have very little resources for manpower. Resources are things fought over. We have soil and water.
for energy we have uranium, gas, crystals, oil, Graves.

I propose adding manpower res with higher values. something like the Graves for energy. This could cure manpower problems as regen would be able to be amped up and these would be heavily fought over. Maybe also even add resources that give maximum manpower. Theres more than 1 way to solve a problem. Heres some res ideas I had that could help with manpower, also a few for.. tile hp?? defencive res.

Healing Springs: + 137 Manpower Regeneration (Requires an Advance and level 50)
Steroid Lab: + 5 Manpower Per Attack (requires an advance and level 30)
Recruiting Office: +76 Manpower Regeneration (advance and level 30)
Rich Adrenaline Source: + 30 manpower regeneration - no requirement
Psionic War Center: +10 maximum manpower (advance and level 30)
Hillock: + 2 manpower per attack

Fortified Woods: + 10 Tile hp (adavnce and level 40)
Exercise Regiment + 3 health regeneration

I think you get the idea.. the numbers and requirements are meant to be more of an example as a proposal. But you see how resourtces could work to help with the issues of manpower for new players.

even hybrids.

Ogre Champion: + 3 manpower per atatck and +5 Manpower regeneration
Mikes Massive Machine: + 120 energy regeneration and +120 manpower regeneration

I think you get the point here. Just another way things could be changed to address manpower. and tile health.

ArcticPrism

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:12 am

Increasing the manpower you start with would be an easy way to make the very start of the game more bearable. You start with 7200. What if it was increased to 15k? An extra 7800 manpower is very small in the long run but would make a difference at the start.

New manpower resources might make Fresh Soil and Fresh Water obsolete if they have the same availability as the energy regeneration versions. Nobody cares about Energy Crystals or Geothermal Vents because Oil/Gold/Uranium/Nickel and Grave of Ancient god are so much better. Ley Lines isn't bad but no one seems to wants to build all the way to the end of the Bio tree to use them. It costs too much geo to bother with crystals and vents. Though maybe crystals and vents just don't give enough.

Tupac

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:57 am

Loki good ideas, but the game is complex enough as it is. Maybe later add these. Remove MP and put a timer on them. Keep it simple for these new guy. No mp let’s them kill and gain experience.

Buzz Lightyear

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:50 am

My thought is do want the punters want. Most punters want unlimited manpower which would be the one thing that would encourage teams (well players in the same nation anyway). This one thing is what you used to see a lot of in the old game that you never see now and the main reason for that is the limitation on manpower.

Second thought is I don't think a second world should be limited by whether you are a vet or not. It should be limited by the amount of hours you want to play. There is no way a part time player like myself can compete as a solo with teams that have unlimited manpower. That said if vets were allowed into this area manpower should be capped like it is now. I can't imagine if a high playing vet had the choice of playing part time with limited manpower or full-time with unlimited manpower that they would choose the former.

Third thing is I feel defenses should be weakened just a touch. Splash defenses behind high hp forts are a nightmare unless you are prepared to rape resources. In fact something that encourages orb battles opposed to resource raping I feel would be good.

I really enjoyed the map expansion and feel that this is the way to go and in my opinion expand it even further but keep the 500 x500 rule for say levels 1-100. Above this I suggest expanding it out to the whole map beyond level 100 or some other level. Reason behind this is not everyone wants to compete against the big boys and once you get to level 100 you have the option to rebirth voluntarily. This is a huge positive.

Fourth in the old game forts used to cost credits. This version doesn't have this mechanism. If I remember rightly didn't they used to fluctuate in price too? With so many great defenses and if they were all to fluctuate in price based on the percentage they are being used in the game currently this would add a great dynamic to the game.

And fifth increase the tech tree and decrease the cost of re-teching your nation. If used in conjunction with point four you increase the strategy and it becomes a cheap way for the punters to use credits.

SkyHunter

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Tupac wrote:

Can you say something positive for once? I’m not playing this server nor is my team, but as I understand more than anyone here I’m tryin to give feedback on how to prevent us. This is a discussion about improvement and building a player base. I’m sorry you got bashed in the current server, but that’s how we play like it or not.
There is nothing positive to say about you. Even your apology is a bald faced lie, because you are not sorry.

You wouldn't let me play the game, so I don't have enough experience to give informed input.

SkyHunter

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:25 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Tupac wrote:

Can you say something positive for once? I’m not playing this server nor is my team, but as I understand more than anyone here I’m tryin to give feedback on how to prevent us. This is a discussion about improvement and building a player base. I’m sorry you got bashed in the current server, but that’s how we play like it or not.
There is nothing positive to say about you. Even your apology is a bald faced lie, sorry, but not sorry.

You are a weasel. That is about the most positive thing I can say about you.

You wouldn't let me play the game, so I don't have enough experience to give informed input. Ironically though, the new server was my idea. I suggested a pinheads only server, and it seems that Mike sees the wisdom in that.

Tupac

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:30 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Tupac wrote:

There is nothing positive to say about you. Even your apology is a bald faced lie, because you are not sorry.

You wouldn't let me play the game, so I don't have enough experience to give informed input.
It wasn't an apology. I'm sorry you don't understand enough to play. I still will wipe you. I'm trying to give ideas to help build a server for players like you so you don't have to deal with me. You should be contributing too, not bashing. End of Story.

• Information