Abdication

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:10 pm

So my suggestion is as the word is, Abdication, when a sovereign wishes to relinquish his/her right to the throne.

In old WoC if a sovereign left the nation, a co-sov would be the next sov or the next highest member.

In new WoC I propose the same thing, a message would ask the hier apparent whether he or she wants to make the nation it's new "home" nation.

The sov also must only have one co-sov for this to work, if more than one co-sov a message would come up explaining that.

Mr-Beefy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Absolutely not... I like the idea that whoever created the nation owns the nation forever... love that.... Maybe you should not have stolen Spitfire from jurgen and this would not be an issue :)

Napoleon

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 am

So it looks like your letting your personal vendetta with me cloud your judgement in suggestions I am making.

This was a feature in old WoC.

Why not have it in new WoC?

Again you don't like it because you don't like it... i have yet to see any evidence why it is a bad idea?

If you don't want to give your nation away, don't give it away. Your choice.

BTW... who do you think gave jurgen Spitfire in original WoC? Just curious if you know... because clearly you don't know very much.

I have looked and you commented on every single post on here, it appears someone is in need of attention. A need to feel important and have your voice heard must be a common thing in your life.

Mr-Beefy

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:48 am

I was Actually joking about you stealing the nation and I do not know you or care to.

The reason I feel like this is a bad idea is because in the old game people would sell their nations for credits. Therefore other people would do all the work and another person would benefit. I feel that for the sake of rankings being proper the system of sovereignty should remain how it is. I understand all credits are non transferable but I really like the idea of keeping the nations you create.. even through a unite you can keep your SKIN. That is super awesome. Any nation can be united into any nation and the absorbed nation ranks/lifetime'/skin credits (-500) will ALWAYS remain in that nation. This is a super awesome feature that I would like to remain the same. We don not have to have EVERY feature the original game had. Stop living in the past my friend and look to a brighter future.

Napoleon

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 pm

That was not a joke, and you know it. There's a difference between a joke, and a cheap shot and my friend was not portrayed as a joke.

First off, there is no transferring of credits in this new WoC as you mentioned. So you won't be able to sell your nation in game which means most of your comments don't even apply.

Everything else you've said would remain the same regardless of who the sovereign is.

So basically, you have no tangible reason why this is a bad idea other than you don't like it? It's your preference?

So why stop people who want the preference of doing it? Simply because Mr Beefy doesn't like it?

Ugh, bud... I ain't living in the past, no one is. The past i good to use as examples for the future, so bud, I am actually trying to help the future.

Again, don't dish if you can't take.

Mr-Beefy

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Did you see my smiley face in the post??? The issue here is Loki hurt you so bad you are verbally and on the map abusing every new player you see thinking they are him. I am not Loki.

1. Be community-minded.

Express yourself in ways that are constructive and will help to foster the growth of the community. Making comments in the chat channels and forums for the sole purpose of destroying community spirit will not be tolerated.

2. Personal verbal attacks are prohibited.

Also known as 'flaming' these are statements which are designed to personally berate, humiliate, or insult a fellow player on a level that has nothing to do with their gameplaying abilities. Text of this nature serves no purpose in building community spirit and will not be tolerated.

3. 'Newbie' bashing will not be tolerated.

New players are encouraged to participate in the chat channels and forums. All players are expected to be polite and encouraged to be helpful and courteous in their responses.

7. Nations or groups that hate-monger will be suspended.

You may not organize nor be a member of any nation or other group within War of Conquest that is based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophies. Such nations and accounts may be suspended on a permanent basis with no regard for current winnings, monies spent or other losses that may be incurred by players participating in this activity.

These are the rules you are breaking Napoleon... please stop being so mean to me. I do not know you. I am not who you think I am. You attack me on every post... everything I say in chat ... You are not polite and courteous to me .. And the community all calling me loki every time I log in is Hate-Mongering.. I am ntot this person and have asked you to stop and you are all harassing me for no reason.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 pm

I'm wary of doing this because in the old WoC there were occasional problems with players complaining that their nations were "stolen". So in the new WoC I'm made this unbreakable bond between a "home" nation and the player who created it. Even through uniting, the nation is really just giving its land and XP and transferring its members to the target nation. The original nation remains in existence where its original Sov can return to it at any time. To me this has advantage, including protection from "theft" of one's nation, and safeguarding of credit in the ranks list, so a position in the ranks can't be transferred from one nation to another. I'm not sure what the benefit of a sov being able to abdicate to their co-sov would be. They could just unite their nation into their co-sov's home nation instead.

Napoleon

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:12 am

A smiley face doesn't change anything.

That's like saying harassment or fraud isn't harassment or fraud because you have a smiley face added onto it.

1. I am being community minded, it is your OPINION that i am not.

You attacked me not the other way around. So it is you who is not being community minded.

2. I haven't belittled you, called you any name or insulted you on a level that has nothing to do with your gaming abilities. If you feel I have, that is YOUR OPINION.

3. I am NOT Newbie bashing, i DO NOT go on every post any belittle people.

You and I have an issue, it's not to the embellished extent of me bashing anyone.

You have a personal problem with me and that's your business.

7. I am not conducting any hate mongering behavior. If i was publicly posting garbage to belittle you or making nations to insult you OR spoofing you. You could at the least consider that.

You jumped in on my post which is fine, but you added nothing constructive yourself and your reasoning for not liking it wasn't sound. So i called you out on it, you didn't like it and now you're mad.

Again, this is a YOU problem. You are trying to use the rules to your advantage, not for their actual intent.

Grow up be an adult and deal with it.

--------------------

Mike, nations didn't get stole because of this feature.

Nations got stolen for two reasons, people obtaining other people's passwords and the "depose" feature.

I think you are mixing up the feature i am thinking of with the depose feature.

"Depose" and "abdication" are two different things.

The feature from old WOC called Depose was activated when a nation on the maps sovereign was away for more than 2 weeks. Which prompted a nation to get taken by a member.

Abdication would NOT work like that, it would be a sovereign choice. Not a members.

You may still have people stealing peoples nations and getting on other peoples accounts in the future. Not having this feature doesn't help prevent any of that. Whether they get on and spend all the credits, or evacuate land and kick members or "abdicate" you would still have to look into and fix what was done by the person who "hacked" or got the persons password by other means.

In new WoC a nation can't be destroyed when united like in old WoC. So it's not like anyone can steal and destroy someones nation so that ability players had is obsolete.

The scenario I am coming across is say I own a nation, and I no longer wish to play anymore but i have a member who wants to keep playing as the Sovereign. I wish to give him the nation.. why not have a feature to allow that? Players quit playing games all the time and it would be nice to allow donating your nation to the next heir to pass it on. As the owner of a nation I should have that right in one capacity or another and allowing a feature allows you less maintenance with people messaging you to have you do it.

Most mobile team games have a way to make someone else a leader of their clan, team or group. Why should we not?

Mr-Beefy

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:41 am

A Co-soverign has every option a Sovereign does I believe.

Napoleon

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Except the ability to unite the nation as he pleases.

Regardless of that, my point still stands.

• Information