Orbs and Stat Caps

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr-Beefy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Beefy here

I have a couple of ideas that could stimulate the game and also address the overcapping of resources.

Orbs

There are currently 5 types of orbs in the game. I have an idea to make the competition and fighting over them rather than ignoring them a lot more active. Currently we are on an hourly pay scale. what if we changed them to a minute scale? This would allow people to decide to fight over the big orbs.. or try and hold and defend multiple smaller orbs. Noon for example would pay 1c per minute rather than 1c per hour.. down the line. People want to have the feeling of ammassing wealth. I feel this would create a lot of wars.

The Main point of this post is stat caps.

Currently a nation can take hundreds of resources and over cap. I have an idea that can make this a lot better for everyone. My idea is that when you reach the stat cap you are no longer able to obtain res. You are able to attack the tile and kill it but the game would automaticaly evac it.. sort of like the push. Once you are capped you will have to strategically decide where you want to have your resources at and which ones you are going to keep. This would also help with lowering an enemy's strength. Currently we can over cap by hundreds making it so that if we take a res from an enemy they lose no stats... I don't think that's right. When we take a res from an enemy their power should decrease.

If it is possible to make the game evacuate the tile on a resource (not the adjacent tile or "walker") if you are capped could make this happen.
You would then be able to defend the res you plan to keep better and have more energy to defend your orbs. This would also cause there to be a lot of open res for a newer nation to 1. get exp from and 2. cap their own stats with. I feel this would be in the best interest of newer players and create a lot more fighting because people will lose stats if they lose a res. They wont just be able to hoarde all of the res.

Thoughts???

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 pm

About the orbs:
If a noon paid 1c per minute that would be 1440 per day... and that's just a noon. Once a nation had captured an orb for a little while they would have unlimited access to as many temps as they want. Also they would never be motivated to put money into the game again. Orb rates maybe should be increased, but not by anywhere near 60x their current rate as you suggest.

About resources caps:
I'll be decreasing supportable area again soon, to try address this further. But I think a lot of the problem just comes down to how few nations and how little competition there is right now. Once there are more players no nation will be able to hold a resource for long with just 1 square, or even 3x3 without at least putting defenses in there. I don't want to add a complex system like you describe for a problem that can be addressed in simpler ways.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information