Leveling is Brutal with a Blank Slate

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Mike
Site Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:42 pm

I agree -- I have no plans to reset nations until beta starts (when the game will be opened to anyone, not just backers), hopefully in January.

If you guys think it would be useful for leveling up while there are so few nations on the map, I can add in the feeder nations like we had before alpha started...?

Mr-Beefy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:47 pm

That could be a good thing to add feeder nations. Just to get everyone on their feet.

not all of us are 10 man teams.

Zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm

How about an early-bird take on the game. Say try to introduce around 100 new players as of now. Might add up new variety in game play as well as new bugs to be addressed. I mean slight increase on server load.

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Zero wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm
How about an early-bird take on the game. Say try to introduce around 100 new players as of now. Might add up new variety in game play as well as new bugs to be addressed. I mean slight increase on server load.
Right now I still have a full list of tasks just based on the bugs and issues that you guys have been finding. And with the holidays coming I'm not going to be able to work as obsessively as usual for the 2nd half of December. So that's why I figure I won't be opening it up to more people til January. At that point I figure I'll let in all the old WoC fans, which should increase the number of players quite a bit. Then once I've had a chance to address the issues that uncovers, I'll start looking at ways to bring new people into the beta.

Mr-Beefy

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:44 am

Mike wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Right now I still have a full list of tasks just based on the bugs and issues that you guys have been finding. And with the holidays coming I'm not going to be able to work as obsessively as usual for the 2nd half of December. So that's why I figure I won't be opening it up to more people til January. At that point I figure I'll let in all the old WoC fans, which should increase the number of players quite a bit. Then once I've had a chance to address the issues that uncovers, I'll start looking at ways to bring new people into the beta.
does this mean Beta will be open Beta?

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Mr-Beefy wrote:
That's the plan... when beta starts in January I would get rid of the need for an activation code, and invite in all of the people from WoC FB groups and mailing lists. Then gradually look at other ways of inviting in more people.

Loki

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:39 am

Mike wrote:
Mr-Beefy wrote:
That's the plan... when beta starts in January I would get rid of the need for an activation code, and invite in all of the people from WoC FB groups and mailing lists. Then gradually look at other ways of inviting in more people.

So if I was to invite say a gaming community... they can all play in beta???

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 pm

loki wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:39 am
Mike wrote:
Mr-Beefy wrote:

So if I was to invite say a gaming community... they can all play in beta???
Yes, definitely. I'd like to scale up somewhat gradually, because I'd hate to be hit with hundreds of players all at once and find major issues that make it non-fun for them, and then they leave and don't want to try it again once the issues are fixed. So ideally we'd start with the wider WoC community, then after a few days if there are no major problems invite in more people from there.

• Information