Subscription based gameplay

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CptJackSparrow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 pm

I personally would love to see the game go to Subscription based. Have the game be like ? dollars a month but have only the buildings/structures cost manpower and energy. I run out of manpower all the time. I ran out of it in 2 hours. Based on the amount of credits it takes to fill up my manpower and based on how fast I use it. It would cost $1/hour to keep playing either that or only be able to click every 1 minute - 1 1/2 minutes. Its kind of steep imo espcially if you like to play alot.

Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:26 pm

I am neither here nor there on the subject.

But, I think Mike intends for it to be only a small amount of click time in any single nation. To allow a more competitive nation where everyone is governed under something like this so it doesn't turn into whomever is the most active wins.

Manpower is the biggest game restriction, and it has rather annoyed most of us. I understand where Mike is coming from with it and I have no argument about that. However I don't like it.

Although, this isn't stopping you from having multiple nations with a lot of manpower at your disposal. Maybe developing a strategy where you use multiple nations? That is what we have been doing and it seems pretty effective, but it is annoying jumping nation to nation.

Another thing is, there is nothing stopping the game from opening various game worlds, one being a subscription based version once the game goes big and the $ start to roll in.

Convincing Mike to keep that idea in mind is the tricky part.

This is just my two cents, just being constructive.

Loki

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:01 am

I think everybody forgets that Manpower also replaces convergence. maybe give us 4 hours of nonstop 2 clicks rather than 2 hours see how that goes?

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:26 am

Napoleon wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:26 pm
Another thing is, there is nothing stopping the game from opening various game worlds, one being a subscription based version once the game goes big and the $ start to roll in.

Convincing Mike to keep that idea in mind is the tricky part.
I've been thinking about this for a while, but haven't mentioned it because it would only happen well after release, if the number of players justifies it. The idea would be to have a separate server with no manpower restrictions on attacking, so that players can attack as much as they want every day. That would make the new server more fun for nations with lots of time and/or members, but pretty useless for more casual players -- thus why it would have to come later, if the size of the player base justifies it. It could potentially be subscription based.

Duke

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:33 pm

The only subscription style there should be is classic woc, and we all know Mike won't do that. He wants to force us all to play this version so he doesn't lose his player base for the new version.

• Information