Rebirth: Proposed Changes

Have an idea for how to make War of Conquest more fun? Let us know here.
Napoleon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Sphinx,

first off your idea of bonuses is great. I 100% agree with you. The example you gave are a good start, but let's not stop there. I can't think of anything right now maybe when I have time to brainstorm I can come up with some things too.

How is RBing?

Well, the issue I see is the slow and steady push to get back up.

The current system as of today, it's 100 rebirth and it will be 500 for beta (Personally I still think 500 is too low and the traditional 1000 was a solid number). If you are level 110 you lose 10 rebirth a day... so you have 10 days assuming you have no orbs and click no squares to level. So under the current system it literally promotes people not to fight as if you gain levels too quick you rebirth faster just to have to go through the slow grind of getting to a higher level again. If not for wall leveling which makes leveling so much faster I probably would get so bored going through the process all over again.

Nations need to reap the benefits of their labor, having them RB too quick and have to go through the whole process of getting to the REAL game, and what I mean by real game is the best played WoC happens when you are of a higher level. This will discourage people to want to level and fight... which isn't what we want here. We want people to fight, we want people not to worry about levels they gain too much. Penalizing them discourages them and not giving them enough time to rummage around in the Vet Land "Late game" area isn't the way to promote fighting and potentially spending of credits. People spend more money when they are having fun, if they have to do the dirty slow work too often then they won't stick around too spend money.

I like how even if someone is a lot of levels ahead of you it means nothing, you still have a chance with resources etc. It makes it more even in that sense, which gives the little guy a chance.

That's just my opinion on that, I quite like the system... i just feel RB needs to be upped to 1000 like before to extend peoples playing time and promote more fighting in Vet land. If you hit level 150, you lose 50 a day and you get 20 days before you RB. There was a reason it 1000 in old WoC... and lemme put it this way, 1000 was rock solid.

Now... you mention punishment, you have a point, with the slow grind to level back up to a level to compete in vet land and the small amount of time you have there it does feel that way. Uping the Rb is a start, but also more rewards for doing it is an absolute must, multiple rewards like small things to big things can be added as you mentioned in your previous post.

Also....

Another thing, this optional RB button you see on your screen once you hit level 100... can be exploited badly. If a way to power level occurs, you will have a nation level up quick and as soon as it hits level 100 it clicks the button and just power levels up again and repeats process.... ultimately RBing quick and getting 1k credits each time it RBs... well I call that a credit exploit imo.... Maybe make a nation wait a few days before it can force an optional RB again or they can pay 500c or 1000c to force it if they want too....

Or is that what it does? I haven't done it yet. But I am just thinking in advance.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Information