Cyber/Personal Threats

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Buzz Lightyear
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:47 am

This taken direct from the Terms and Conditions

"Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive."

Personally I think Mike should give a formal warning and then a permanent ban for a subsequent offense if only for the reason of making a statement and to send a message to the community that this sort of stuff won't be tolerated.

I know the game lends itself to this sort of behaviour by the very nature of what it is but players must remember it is just a game and if you really don't like someone on here or what they do I suggest walking away and cool off for a bit.

Tupac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:11 am

Threatening peoples jobs too? I mean I'm not highly concerned about it, but its the point. Its a damn game.

Tupac

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:23 pm

This is what can happen with stuff like this:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/30/us/kansa ... index.html

Mike
Site Admin

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Real world threats can't be tolerated in the game, and are against the posted rules. (See http://warofconquest.com/terms-and-conditions/ under License Limitations.) Real world threats include not only threats of violence, but also threats of hacking people's machines, doxing them, getting them fired, or any other form of harm that's outside of the game itself.

In the case discussed here I've sent a warning and a chat ban, and further violations will result in a game ban.

anotherterror

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Mike launch the game already!
Get chat mods and game mods.
ban people who break rules.

Don't let this version of WoC end the same way as the last version, endless beta with 10 or so 'vets' bitching at each other.

My 2 cents.
AT.

Scouseland

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:07 am

This Hacker dude sounds like Bhaal or Uni lol

hang1

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 pm

I would like to thank Hacker for giving some life to these boards and game. Chat bans /game bans are a joke as I have shown in the past numerous times how to get back into game with little to no ease. Pac you are a snitch and when things get tough you go running to the ban button time after time. Did the threats go too far? Perhaps.. This is a war game that must be played with kid gloves, guess with such a low player base these things will come up. Like Scouseland said .. they jumped into game and already top 5 on a Shade. enough said.

ArcticPrism

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 am

anotherterror wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm
Mike launch the game already!
Get chat mods and game mods.
ban people who break rules.

Don't let this version of WoC end the same way as the last version, endless beta with 10 or so 'vets' bitching at each other.

My 2 cents.
AT.
Looks like that's exactly what happened with this one LOL!.

Tupac

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm

hang1 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:32 pm
I would like to thank Hacker for giving some life to these boards and game. Chat bans /game bans are a joke as I have shown in the past numerous times how to get back into game with little to no ease. Pac you are a snitch and when things get tough you go running to the ban button time after time. Did the threats go too far? Perhaps.. This is a war game that must be played with kid gloves, guess with such a low player base these things will come up. Like Scouseland said .. they jumped into game and already top 5 on a Shade. enough said.
You don't even know what your talking about, and you don't know how far this went. If that is how you feel cool.

potheads

Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:58 pm

seems tupoc and bandit and there little click and a few woc admin people think its ok too block players for there right to free speech as i have not used any hate speech and since i lost family and friends because of woc i am turning every screen shot i saved over to my lawyer and am going to start a legal action anyone wishing too join send me email and i will contact you thanks enough of the discrimination

• Information