Chill Out - Resource "Ownership"

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Degs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:25 am

Glad I found this game. Been a long time and didn't expect it to make its return.

Anyway, I've been playing the last couple days and having a blast. Out of the blue some knob starts complaining that I stole his resources and that he's going to make it his mission in life to ensure he takes my entire nation out while I'm offline. He's got some vendetta against me now because I took over a few of his resources.

Now, I never focused on taking HIS resources specifically, but when a single player has ownership of over half the resources at my level range, then sometimes I'm going to be taking them over. Even if he didn't have an over-balanced allotment of resources, I consider anyone fair game. It's part of the game. What's not part of the game is specifically targeting one player because you're butthurt about how the game works.

Now, I haven't logged in in the hours since, but he seemed asinine enough to follow through on that threat. And frankly having to rebuild whatever he destroys doesn't actually bother me. It's the fun part of the game for me. But, is this guy just a loser or did I break some unspoken rule about resource ownership?

Chuck
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:32 am

He's just a loser.

Degs

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:40 pm

That's what I thought. :D

Keane

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:17 pm

WoC has always been like this.

Think about it like being in prison. If someone takes something from you and you do nothing about it then you will become an easy target and people will continue to take your stuff. Bash them up a bit and maybe they’ll think twice about taking it the next time.

Personally I’ve always been one to go to the extreme if someone takes my stuff (within reason, i.e. more than 2 or 3 res). It either ends one of two ways, they never touch my stuff again, or they get a few friends together and turn it into a res war that can go on for days. If it’s the second case, it eventually gets tiring for all parties in the end if nobody gives up. That’s when a truce gets made so everyone can eventually get some sleep lol.

TLDR: Earn your respect and life gets a bit easier.

SkyHunter

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:45 pm

The game is full of pinheads.

I figure if I am online and playing with it, it is mine. If someone takes it while I am offline, I don't get all bent out of shape, they should be allowed to play when I am not. if someone wipes you out while you are offline, just reconstitute and hit them back. That is in the West. You are not allowed in the East because the pinheads have it locked down.

xXtodd

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:51 pm

It's a war game. If you take their stuff, they are going to war with you. That's all it is. They are living up to the title. About time someone did.

Tupac

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:09 pm

SkyHunter wrote:

I figure if I am online and playing with it, it is mine. If someone takes it while I am offline, I don't get all bent out of shape, they should be allowed to play when I am not. if someone wipes you out while you are offline, just reconstitute and hit them back. That is in the West. You are not allowed in the East because the pinheads have it locked down.
Don't that contradict every thing you said in the state of the WoC post?

SkyHunter

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Tupac wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:09 pm
SkyHunter wrote:

Don't that contradict every thing you said in the state of the WoC post?
Only in your mind. Perception is not reality.

xXtodd

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 am

No, the post with the title was literally ironic. My perception is you're an idiot. In reality you're probably a smart guy. Your perception is it made sense. In reality it was contradicting as hell.

SkyHunter

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:23 am

xXtodd wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 am
No, the post with the title was literally ironic. My perception is you're an idiot. In reality you're probably a smart guy. Your perception is it made sense. In reality it was contradicting as hell.
It is a false equivalence fallacy. In the west, you can't hold res and orbs because you level off of them. An entirely different circumstance than in the east. It is human nature to alter our perception in order to confirm their world view. I cannot even settle land in the west, let alone reconstitute.

The primary difference between the sage and the fool is; the sage knows himself a fool.

• Information