Gambling?

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GrimeZee91
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello Mike and other players here.

I've been told by one player that apparently this game generates real world $$ which I haven't seen since the old woc. Saying he's going to report to the IRS for gambling rules in the US.

Is the true or do we not have anything to worry about?

Mike
Site Admin

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:27 pm

No, there are no real-world prizes in the new WoC. I left that out this time around so I wouldn't have to deal with the laws and restrictions placed on gambling.

For the original WoC there was never any legal or IRS trouble, but PayPal did decide to stop processing payments for it because it considered it too close to gambling. I always considered it a game of skill (for which gambling rules don't apply, so they can have cash prizes) rather than a game of chance, but PayPal anyway wasn't interested in taking the time to figure out which side of the line it fell on.

GrimeZee91
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:44 pm

You're right the game is based on skill and I've seen nothing about gambling either, maybe the person in question was just angry because he keeps losing his main and res

• Information