State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
xXtodd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:36 am

Bro. DM me your address. I'm about to send your ass an Android. I'm tired of the excuses. You seem to be able to out play everyone, without playing. Hell of a skill. I'mma get you set back up. Then embarrass you. But you can keep the phone.

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:54 pm

I'll buy Keane a new pc if he can knock io off the lists.

Mike
Site Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 am

I think a lot of the present problems are due to there being so few players. In the next few weeks the plan is to put the game on Steam and do some marketing. Once we have an influx of new players, we'll be able to get a better idea of what issues still need to be addressed.

Also, a few responses to some comments in this thread:
We were told that no resets were going to happen. Mike is this true? Do we need to expect this? Are we going to one account? If so I think you should let everyone know these things a month before Steam Launch. Due to all the nations, and work some of us have put effort into.
Yes, the plan is still that there will be no reset. If the number of players justifies it once the game is on Steam, I'm all set to launch additional servers, which will of course start from scratch with their orb lists, ranks, etc.

Regarding jailing, I think it would make sense to try a shorter time limit between free migrates, especially now that migrate is more useful since you can move your whole nation of just send out a single square colony.
You have about 6-7 active players working together stairstepping the 500x500 zones with their nations bypassing that restriction and making it a useless feature.
Is this still a problem? A couple weeks ago a fixed some possible ways to get past the 500x500 restriction. Are there still ways to do it?
In the old WOC, I could just farm and ignore you pinheads and your strutting and crowing. But not in this one. I can't even settle a nation.
What factors are preventing you from just ignoring everyone else and farming, now?

Loki

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:21 am

Hello Mike and thanks for the reply.

The stairstepping isnt an issue. That has been resolved.

And I can proboly answer for the guy who said he cant even settle land. It is because he chose the wrong enemies and they monitor the map and kill on sight. He is referring to being attacked not any game mechanics.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 am
In the old WOC, I could just farm and ignore you pinheads and your strutting and crowing. But not in this one. I can't even settle a nation.
What factors are preventing you from just ignoring everyone else and farming, now?
Can't farm without land. If I even settle land it is quickly wiped and the last square jailed.

The problem is not the game, it is the people playing it.

In the old WOC, I had about 17 farming nations. These were nations that had RB'd, had agriculture mains, scattered AG res, perms, and running AG temps. The top nation's ag was ~60k. I kept them 6 levels apart, except for the beginning farms, that way I could log into seeds everyday, click off negs, and switch to the next level ally. I harvested 4 seeds/day, some I sold, some I used, most I gave away. Some of the seeds I would ally to a lvl 99 farm and let their RB drop to single digits so I could unite them into specialty nations I was creating, in order to load them with RB credits.

I ran a mostly mainless fealty nation to protect the farms. I made enemies, sure. I had friends and would help them when they went to war. Sometimes my enemies would retaliate against me. But you can't hit farms and seeds all day and expect to hold orbs. And it is particularly difficult when I have a a 40 x 40 square in the center of your main and am constantly hitting your res. I never bothered with the orbs, so most everyone left me alone.

Here I can't even settle land, let alone build a farm.
Last edited by SkyHunter on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:54 pm

loki wrote:

And I can proboly answer for the guy who said he cant even settle land. It is because he chose the wrong enemies and they monitor the map and kill on sight. He is referring to being attacked not any game mechanics.
I didn't choose any enemy. I was wiped for no reason. When I retaliated I was put on the blacklist.

Done with this game.

ArcticPrism

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:25 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
loki wrote:

I didn't choose any enemy. I was wiped for no reason. When I retaliated I was put on the blacklist.

Done with this game.
If anything you could wait until more players come to the game to try again. Hope for a fresh start server or enough players so that your enemies don't have time to do nothing but jail you.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:38 pm

ArcticPrism wrote:
SkyHunter wrote:
loki wrote:

Done with this game.
If anything you could wait until more players come to the game to try again. Hope for a fresh start server or enough players so that your enemies don't have time to do nothing but jail you.
Why would I want to?

There are thousands of games on the internet. I don't have to play with pinheads.

Tupac

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:58 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:38 pm
ArcticPrism wrote:
SkyHunter wrote:

Done with this game.
Why would I want to?

There are thousands of games on the internet. I don't have to play with pinheads.
Then go. We are sick of hearing about people that don't want to play, and don't want to war. Your bad for the community period. We play the game the way its designed. Not every game is designed to win or to let you do anything. Players downing the game should be out right banned. We will continue you to wipe you every time we know your around.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Tupac wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Then go. We are sick of hearing about people that don't want to play, and don't want to war. Your bad for the community period. We play the game the way its designed. Not every game is designed to win or to let you do anything. Players downing the game should be out right banned. We will continue you to wipe you every time we know your around.
Which has been your position all along, so not much of a threat is it?

I wouldn't play now even if your teams were not going to wipe me. And I certainly am not going to give them the satisfaction of doing it.

But I am certainly not going to stop commenting here. You guys let me know that it bothers you so I am not going anywhere soon.

The game sux because of you and the other pinheads. The only casual players allowed are your friends. It is the same thing that happened to the last version. a few vets ruling over the game and not letting anyone else play.

You are bad for the community. You are an arrogant jerk, worse than anyone who EVER ran in Spitfire.

• Information