State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
ArcticPrism
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Tupac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:19 pm

ArcticPrism wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:33 pm
I think the real problem is jailing players. They're literally not allowed to play if they are hunted down and jailed regularly. Migration has a 48 hour cooldown and costs credits otherwise. As far as being constantly targeted by attacks, there's really just barely anyone to fight so they have plenty of time to focus on one person.
So migrate? I mean in our case we usually jail those that harass us over and over. Probably in the case of Sky that happened. You can continue to migrate and move around if you wish.

Players are always going to get mad when they aren't winning. It is like that any game. Luckily we have managed to hold on this long. On steam release and the map expanding it will prevent us from locking it down. Maybe they will have another server for other players who can only play so much, but you can't log in for an hour a day or two, and come back the next day expecting to have anything at all.

What is going to happen when the game scales to 5000 players? When they are daily wiping everyone and anyone? You going to complain then too or just quit? None of you think about that.
You can migrate but in game credits aren't unlimited and take time to earn. Spending money to buy credits in a free game shouldn't ever be a requirement just to play because it stops being a free to play game at that point. Though in the future assuming there are more players and a larger map it would take a lot more time and effort to keep someone jailed so I don't think there's any need for the game to be changed yet.

I'm not saying that being attacked will happen less with more players in the game and it will happen more often with the map full of players fighting for space. Being offline and losing what you have because you're not online to defend it is just the nature of the game. I'm just saying people will feel less like they are being "bullied" because it probably wont be the same few people doing it to them regularly.
Last edited by ArcticPrism on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tupac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:19 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:12 pm
Great point that exposes the lie that these pinheads are trying to encourage game play. I hadn't played for months, logged on settled a little land, came back 2 days later to find one tile jailed.

Sky we just realized who you are. We do not apologize for the wiping. We remember you teaming with Spitfire in hitting us. Enjoy it we sure did :D

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:24 pm

I was jailed for harassing you?

That is bald faced lie. All I did was settle some land.

You post here about how gracious and magnanimous you are, but in the game, you behave just as I described. Tuesday you guys wiped Lisha. When she came back on you wouldn't let her reconstitute. For no other reason than you could.

No one is suggesting that a solo player can rule the game. That is a red herring. I wasn't trying to rule the game. I hadn't hit your orbs or your res. I was just there and offline. When I came back on to try and reconstitute, I started getting wiped again. I've watched you guys do it over and over. You hit a team offline, then say you are justified in keeping them down because they want to attack you.

I have a bunch of batteries I need to test, which is like watching paint dry so you can put another coat on, so I started playing a little in the west. I have yet to run a nation to RB, so I settled some land thinking I might give it a try later. And you jailed me for it.

If you actually were the person you claim to be on these forums, it would be fun to build a team of nations, load em with credits and try and take you down.

But you are just a pinhead. No fun at all.

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:29 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:24 pm
I was jailed for harassing you?

That is bald faced lie. All I did was settle some land.

You post here about how gracious and magnanimous you are, but in the game, you behave just as I described. Tuesday you guys wiped Lisha. When she came back on you wouldn't let her reconstitute. For no other reason than you could.

No one is suggesting that a solo player can rule the game. That is a red herring. I wasn't trying to rule the game. I hadn't hit your orbs or your res. I was just there and offline. When I came back on to try and reconstitute, I started getting wiped again. I've watched you guys do it over and over. You hit a team offline, then say you are justified in keeping them down because they want to attack you.

I have a bunch of batteries I need to test, which is like watching paint dry so you can put another coat on, so I started playing a little in the west. I have yet to run a nation to RB, so I settled some land thinking I might give it a try later. And you jailed me for it.

If you actually were the person you claim to be on these forums, it would be fun to build a team of nations, load em with credits and try and take you down.

But you are just a pinhead. No fun at all.
Alright. If that's how you feel so be it. I don't need to go back and forth with you. Either way we are just playing, and will continue to play as we are.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Tupac wrote:
SkyHunter wrote:
Great point that exposes the lie that these pinheads are trying to encourage game play. I hadn't played for months, logged on settled a little land, came back 2 days later to find one tile jailed.

Sky we just realized who you are. We do not apologize for the wiping. We remember you teaming with Spitfire in hitting us. Enjoy it we sure did :D
Your apology was empty to begin with. And you just demonstrated my point.

I didn't team with Spitfire, they teamed with me. In fact, I was wiping Spit res as they were coming through the midlands because Jurgen thought he could steal my res. PR wiped me while I was offline, that was before they hit Spitfire.

It just goes to demonstrate my point. You wipe a nation, then claim you are justified in keeping them down because they retaliate.

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:35 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:32 pm
Tupac wrote:
SkyHunter wrote:

Your apology was empty to begin with. And you just demonstrated my point.

I didn't team with Spitfire, they teamed with me. In fact, I was wiping Spit res as they were coming through the midlands because Jurgen thought he could steal my res. PR wiped me while I was offline, that was before they hit Spitfire.

It just goes to demonstrate my point. You wipe a nation, then claim you are justified in keeping them down because they retaliate.
Yup. Do something about it :D

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:57 pm

slayer454 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm
Here's the deal..Spitfire thought they could kick a 74 year old player around with no repercussion. They was wrong. I personally made sure they was kicked out of vetland by our newly formed team. This is a WAR game. We are not here to give anything to anyone. If you want it.. come and take it....Case closed.
Or stay off the server.

That is the message I get. Either come challenge the top dogs or stay off the server.

I have fought with many players and nations over the years, including you slayer. We fought, we laughed, we moved on to other orbs, other res, or other mains. It is a game.

This is the first time ever that I was hounded off the map and not allowed to play. That is new. And that is what your team is doing, not just to me, but to others as well. I have always fought with Spitfire, it was sort of a tradition from my days with Chaos-Theory. Mr.Fuzzy and I once played soccer with their last tile. But then it was over. They cleared their main of filler, worked their res, got back on orbs, and we let them.

Maybe the map is too small. It was certainly made clear to me that there is no room for me here.

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:58 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
slayer454 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm
Here's the deal..Spitfire thought they could kick a 74 year old player around with no repercussion. They was wrong. I personally made sure they was kicked out of vetland by our newly formed team. This is a WAR game. We are not here to give anything to anyone. If you want it.. come and take it....Case closed.
Or stay off the server.

That is the message I get. Either come challenge the top dogs or stay off the server.

I have fought with many players and nations over the years, including you slayer. We fought, we laughed, we moved on to other orbs, other res, or other mains. It is a game.

This is the first time ever that I was hounded off the map and not allowed to play. That is new. And that is what your team is doing, not just to me, but to others as well. I have always fought with Spitfire, it was sort of a tradition from my days with Chaos-Theory. Mr.Fuzzy and I once played soccer with their last tile. But then it was over. They cleared their main of filler, worked their res, got back on orbs, and we let them.

Maybe the map is too small. It was certainly made clear to me that there is no room for me here.
It was just made clear if you come near us. We are going to play, and attack.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Tupac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Yup. Do something about it :D
I did do something about it. Since it was futile for me to try and take out 4-6 nations, especially considering the fact that they already have strategic control of the map, and I never even got a chance to try out all the techs, I did the smart thing. I didn't waste any time or money, I just quit. Playing with pinheads is no fun.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Tupac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:58 pm
SkyHunter wrote:
Or stay off the server.
It was just made clear if you come near us. We are going to play, and attack.
Exactly. Stay off the server or you will be wiped and jailed. That message was made clear to me.

Good job encouraging game play.
Last edited by SkyHunter on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Information