State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 pm

This post is for mike.

Hello Mr Mike!! As the beta has been running for a few months now I am noticing that a lot of the alpha players have already moved on. One of the biggest reasons, I feel, is that a lot of us were excited to have our woc back. The original game. The one that was not limited by things like manpower but more kept in check by things like fealty and convergence. the one that you could fortify on top of your possessions.

The new woc is absolutely a grand idea and should be continued to improve upon. However you have mentioned that it would not be too hard to bring up the old woc server. or even the old map!!! I have been talking with a lot of the die hard veteran players Namely Napoleon, IronJawed (pp), as well as some of our newer players (Randaks).. While this is just a handful of us I believe we would have our views shared by the majority of the community.

As it is right now the average players logged in is 10 that i've noticed. I have a proposal for you to improve this. You mention that it would not be hard to do a seperate server. So.. I have a challenge/Innovative moment for you. You should seriously consider this. in the kickstarter me and Napoleon were some of your biggest financial supporters. The main reason for me was I was expecting the original game with a polished look. One thing that made me SO excited is i felt like woc would be an out of the box app. What I mean is every app limits gameplay hours through an energy (or manpower) system. That is not woc man. for me woc was a simple tile vs tile stat vs stat pvp at it's simplest form game. The only thought needed was in your tech path and resource counts. The simplicity is what made it so special. so Here is my proposal said a few different ways.

First proposal. FIRE UP THE ORIGINAL GAME... convert the credits dollar values into pure credits exchange.. I mean every penny generated is instead just 1 credit. Relieves the gambliing concerns. Make the game not a win money game but simply a land conquest game with the fight for the orbs being just to make creditits. you can still make money selling credits.. people will buy them trust me on that... Hell you make 100% profit if people bhuy credits and even if you flooded the orbs to pay out more credits when people purchase.. we could still buy in to stimuulate that... and you keep ALL THE MONEY. just let us have our game back. keep the credit building to 100 where if u cash in at 100 you get the bonus 50 and the rb bonus so people could decide to hoard their winnings to cash in and stimuulate the orbs at a time of their own choosing. Basically... Fire up the old game!! maybe with an android app.

option 2.. Fire up the old game with the new engine.. rather the old map. take out towers.. just have forrts.. so old game with new graphics....

Reguardless something needs to be done... if it is easy for you to turn on a server and give us the old game PLEASE do it!!!! We need this man.. as one of your biggest supporters I am begging you... let the servers compete and youll see that the one of the older game will beat the one of the newer game... it is what we want.

Buzz Lightyear
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:49 pm

You didn't ask me Loki or Slayer or Pac or clone or any other players that do actually still play what we think........

Loki

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 pm

So state your opinions?? That is what a forum is for yes? How do you feel buzz if a model more liek the classic woc was here... which would you play more?

Loki

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 pm

i did not propoose taking down any server or stopping development of the new woc.. just fire up the old game for us :)

Perrin

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:16 am

I completely agree with this. I prefer the old WoC. This new WoC should be worked offline.

Buzz Lightyear

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:26 am

Points I would like to make:
- Is team IO wrecking the game as it stands. I believe yes and putting many players off playing. I do understand their reasons and they do bring some valid points being highlighting the bugs in the game, stopping Spitfire in effect doing what they are doing etc etc.
- What does the game need? This one is easy - more players. Team IO or another team would not be able to handle attacks from multiple teams on multiple fronts.
- Do we need the old game come back? In short a definite no.
- Do we need more techs, res and paths? Yes for sure. This was always my gripe with the old game.
- Would Spitfire do the same as IO if given the chance and IO were not here? Yes without a doubt.
- New Ideas for Mike? Be cool to have some different attacking styles. A single square click or splash is a good start, can we have some others? Make them tech based however with a tech path expansion so a single nation can't do all of them in the same run.
- Should multiple computers be allowed? I have said this a few times before, one client, one nation per physical player. If you join another nation you lose your initial nation.
- Should a map reset be done? Yes. Wipe all Orb lists, wipe all nations and go back to one nation per player.
- Should MP limits be increased? If you can set the limits on nations and players as above then yes for sure. One idea is increase MP per player in the team. That way a team is not penalised for playing with your mates and encourages teams You already have limits on nations re Geo and limits for res held so it shouldn't make too much difference. One should cap the MP so the effect of adding players doesn't give infinite MP however.
- What puts me off playing more or running at all? Team IO. I only can play 4-5 hours a day due to working so to try and run and have slayer and co wipe me to one square every day really isn't that appealing.
- Would I join or lead a team? Lead = never again. Join = I would consider it but it comes back to not enough players outside of Team IO to make the effort worth the trouble.

Should be enough there Loki to keep you going for hours.

Mike
Site Admin

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:24 am

Thanks for all the suggestions. Some thoughts:

Bringing back the original WoC someday is a possibility. I'm not really sure how long it would take, probably a couple of weeks. (At the very least I'd have to get it working with new payment processors and disable the cash-out options. Also not sure how much modification it would need to work with more recent versions of Java, I haven't compiled it in years.) But I only have so much time and have to focus on one thing at a time, and my focus now is still on launching the new WoC.

I do think it will be a very different, and much more fun game, with more players. I'm actually surprised it's still averaging as many as it is, because it has too few players right now to be much fun. Marketing hasn't begun yet -- pretty soon.

Some of the other suggestions that were brought up, including either no MP limit or greater limit for nations with more players, more attack styles, tech paths, etc... are all additions that could be added in the future, as part of expansions, and in some cases as variants on different servers.

Loki

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:26 am

You make many points.. mnost are complaining about io which i have not done msyelf. I merely feel more people would prefer thhe clasic game to the new one. That's all. Your making it about more than it is. I'm not playing because of io, or because of spitfire, or anyone.. I havnt been playing because I dont liek not being able to eat mains the entire time im playying. Thats what I do is eat mains.. cannot do it in this woc.

Loki

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:27 am

That sounds good mike... How hard would it be to toss a server up with no manpower restritions??? That would solve a lot of my personnal complaints. I'm a clickoholic.

Buzz Lightyear

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:48 am

What a load of bollocks Loki, only reason you don't eat mains is as soon as you step into the game your mouth ruins it. Clone eats mains and has no trouble doing it. Maybe ask for lessons?

• Information