State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Tupac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:30 pm

lisha1981 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:08 pm
Ioz has done nothing to george but to help teach him the game . you and your father take the game too serious and have defriended me not me sending you two away. if i cant fight u in a war game without u gettin mad mayb you shouldnt b playing woc.. the game has moved on you should to. If this was baseball wuold u defriend me 4 beating your team
Friends are Friends, Friends are Loyal, they don't team up with the enemy to take each other down... Its not baseball its like u said a war game and In a real war, i wouldn't walk into your house and shoot you in the face if u were my friend, i'd work along side you to protect both of us... But it is what it is, you think we take the game to far, I put friendship over internet bully's and you chose not to do the same.
Example A of players taking it personal. Not our problem, and it surely isn't WoCs problem to deal with.

SkyHunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Buzz Lightyear wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:10 am
Hi All

I hate to say this but I actually agree with Pac and co.

Points are:
- Solos really have no place playing this game if they want to compete at the high levels. I know I can't compete and won't bother trying.
- The one thing the game needs is pure and simple ....... more players. The more players that play the less able the top team can keep control.
- As for the jailing thing and picking on one player, I am guilty of that......go ask Temp. Again it comes back to not enough players.
- Re clone being up in bigland that is because you let him. He is the one player that does have unlimited time apart from slayer and to risk a good thing for the sake of a few orbs could be asking for trouble.
- The only thing I do disagree with is IO teams treatment of Jurgen. I can tolerate you guys hitting him over and over and over but when it degenerates into bullying in chat I do think that is one part that really has no place in the game. Remember the golden rule if you wouldn't say that to someone face to face then don't say it.
- What i definitely think should happen is a complete map wipe, orbs, nations, credits the lot. Especially before a Steam launch as any new player would be battling against the odds from the beginning.
- Interesting enough at the beta launch we had so many old players dropping in and playing for a while. Where are they now? I tell you where.....they could not compete or could not do what Pac did. They loved the game when they could own the game, now they can't they packed it in (Imo it shows the good players are the ones left). One has to take you hat off to Jurgen for sticking with it after his team basically gave up the ghost and getting hammered every day and I also tip my hat to Team IO for their owning of the game under the initial intense pressure that Spitfire put them under.
- Lastly look on the brightside before moaning too much........6 months ago the game was dead. At least you have the game back in some form.

Cheers

Buzz Lightyear
-There is quite a difference between playing and competing. I played on the old WOC without hardly ever competing for orbs. I tended my farms, grew seeds, and had a fealty nation to defend the farms. If there is a reset, I will at least have chance to play before everything gets locked down.

The game is not going to gain more players. As soon as they realize going East is futile, they will quit.

I have zero interest in playing with the Tailor Twins. Not because I can't beat them. I can't. I don't know the game, and have had no opportunity to learn it. I feel that basically I wasted my money on the kickstarter. I never even spent the credits.

So while I have some time, I will just hang out in NewbLand, joining new player nations and teaching them the game. At least get some of my money's worth.

Surfa

Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Sky,

Spit made like 7k this month in the high mids, and I guarentee we care way less about you then we do about spit. Nimbus has done pretty well in high mids. And nimbus fought Dylan for a long while for his stuff.

#1. If you act like and preach in chat that the game is aweful and moving east is futile, then you are self fulfilling your prophecy. New players wont think that until someone complains or they experience something. I am still willing to bet more will leave cause of the vets forted up in noobs and mids. As awful as you think we are, I have yet to see a new player get killed by us for just no reason, and again, a lot of the people who come east without threatening whining or hitting us have joined us so far. Yes im sure you did absolutely nothing so we can just say you are the exception.

#2 On a more snarky note, how are you gonna teach noobs when in the same breath you said you dont know the game... :p
"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?"

George

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:11 pm

lisha I hate to tell u this but it was my nation who hit your dad not pac he teched my nation and since i always offered to help them when they needed it he offered to help me and they boys come in and got me some orbs ... ask Death and Taxes spit as he and pac made deal so i could learn and this aint a real war its a game in real war we wouldnt b enemies dummy..sorry i called u a name . its a GAME that should not be played by people who let it run their life. like you i play this for fund and eating nations is fun

Next time get your story straight

SkyHunter

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Surfa wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:27 pm
Sky,

Spit made like 7k this month in the high mids, and I guarentee we care way less about you then we do about spit. Nimbus has done pretty well in high mids. And nimbus fought Dylan for a long while for his stuff.

#1. If you act like and preach in chat that the game is aweful and moving east is futile, then you are self fulfilling your prophecy. New players wont think that until someone complains or they experience something. I am still willing to bet more will leave cause of the vets forted up in noobs and mids. As awful as you think we are, I have yet to see a new player get killed by us for just no reason, and again, a lot of the people who come east without threatening whining or hitting us have joined us so far. Yes im sure you did absolutely nothing so we can just say you are the exception.

#2 On a more snarky note, how are you gonna teach noobs when in the same breath you said you dont know the game... :p
I know the beginning game quite well. That is where newbies start. Everyone is a new newbie at some point it is a passing phase. Noob is an insult, it implies the condition is chronic. I am not a pinhead. I always try to be objective, especially when I assess my own abilities.

"This above all: to thine own self be true"

I have not had a chance to play in the East, have not run a nation past ~125. Claiming I know how to play would be an obvious falsehood. But I was the first to add the 3 far west noons, protected by multiple forted nations, to my orb list. And not because I was granted permission. I wanted to test the balance between offense and defense. So I made a low level nation with enough MP win against the defenses 100% of the time. The defenses of my level 12 today ran a level 18 out of MP trying to get to my orb. I believe I am qualified to get new players started in the right direction.

I enjoyed the game once. I invested in the comeback. Holding one orb at a time in the west and playing with the newbies and returning vets, passes the time while I watch batteries discharge. And while I find many in this community obnoxious bores, I have also made some very good friends over the years. So in a way, I am invested more than just a kickstarter contribution.

Surfa

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey man I said it was snarky, wasn't a serious critisism lol. I hope you help as many people as possible and they all come and try to wipe us. That would be great fun.
"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?"

SkyHunter

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Surfa wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:45 pm
Hey man I said it was snarky, wasn't a serious critisism lol. I hope you help as many people as possible and they all come and try to wipe us. That would be great fun.
I am objective. I don't have the time, money, or skills. Sorry I missed the alpha release and my opportunity to gain better skills, but those are the breaks.

lisha1981

Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:10 am

George wrote:
lisha I hate to tell u this but it was my nation who hit your dad not pac he teched my nation and since i always offered to help them when they needed it he offered to help me and they boys come in and got me some orbs ... ask Death and Taxes spit as he and pac made deal so i could learn and this aint a real war its a game in real war we wouldnt b enemies dummy..sorry i called u a name . its a GAME that should not be played by people who let it run their life. like you i play this for fund and eating nations is fun

Point proven, the need to name call even in the forums is just ridiculous and im done with is... in the last 3 days, ive been called dumb, fat, a dog and much more.... enjoy the childish immature way the community acts, i will stick with the fun games where i dont get treated like im a subhuman piece of crap just because i play and like to be a loyal friend... have a nice life...

Tupac

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:29 am

lisha1981 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:10 am
George wrote:

Point proven, the need to name call even in the forums is just ridiculous and im done with is... in the last 3 days, ive been called dumb, fat, a dog and much more.... enjoy the childish immature way the community acts, i will stick with the fun games where i dont get treated like im a subhuman piece of crap just because i play and like to be a loyal friend... have a nice life...
Name calling is going to happen. I don't think anything he said was above the extreme limits of what is expected. You do the same to people, so your not any better. Good luck on your other adventures. :lol:

Keane

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:06 pm

slayer454 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm
Here's the deal..Spitfire thought they could kick a 74 year old player around with no repercussion. They was wrong. I personally made sure they was kicked out of vetland by our newly formed team. This is a WAR game. We are not here to give anything to anyone. If you want it.. come and take it....Case closed.
That’s not how I remember it. As I recall, we smashed the hell out of you so much you gave up and told everyone you were quitting the game lol.

You almost had a breakdown pal. Selective memory much?

I had to stop playing not long after that because I switched to iPhone. Maybe things got a bit easier for you after that? xxx

• Information