State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
Tupac
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:28 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:13 pm
I bought in at the kickstarter. Didn't play right away because I was busy. When I finally had some time to play, I was looking forward to learning and helping with the beta test. I made a few nations, figured out how to defeat the heavily defended noons in newbland, and had worked my way up to the midlands. To my surprise, I was the strongest nation in the midlands. I guess that made me the target. I log on the next day and I have been wiped from the map and not allowed back. I only made it level 125 before deciding it was no fun anymore. I never even spent my kickstarter credits.

As long as the Tailor Twins are part of the WOC community, I want nothing to do with it.
Interesting. You want us gone, because you don't play? I think part of game play is getting wiped, and destroyed. Its called waging "war". I am sorry that everyone here thinks that you are just guaranteed something here. That's a community misunderstanding, and a personal issue. If you wish to play against the top then you best be ready. We have and had to be. If you somehow managed to make us leave. Don't you think someone else will do the same thing? I believe so.

ArcticPrism
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:33 pm

I think the real problem is jailing players. They're literally not allowed to play if they are hunted down and jailed regularly. Migration has a 48 hour cooldown and costs credits otherwise. As far as being constantly targeted by attacks, there's really just barely anyone to fight so they have plenty of time to focus on one person.
Last edited by ArcticPrism on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Tupac wrote:
SkyHunter wrote:
I bought in at the kickstarter. Didn't play right away because I was busy. When I finally had some time to play, I was looking forward to learning and helping with the beta test. I made a few nations, figured out how to defeat the heavily defended noons in newbland, and had worked my way up to the midlands. To my surprise, I was the strongest nation in the midlands. I guess that made me the target. I log on the next day and I have been wiped from the map and not allowed back. I only made it level 125 before deciding it was no fun anymore. I never even spent my kickstarter credits.

As long as the Tailor Twins are part of the WOC community, I want nothing to do with it.
Interesting. You want us gone, because you don't play? I think part of game play is getting wiped, and destroyed. Its called waging "war". I am sorry that everyone here thinks that you are just guaranteed something here. That's a community misunderstanding, and a personal issue. If you wish to play against the top then you best be ready. We have and had to be. If you somehow managed to make us leave. Don't you think someone else will do the same thing? I believe so.
You are so conceited you don't have a clue. I wasn't trying to play against the best, I was just trying to play. You and your pinhead minions wouldn't let me. I was wiped and kept from coming back before I was high enough level to even reach the Fire.

You built a team to dominate the game, in order to feed your ego. You beat down any potential competition long before they become a threat, and then crow on gen chat about how awesome you are. You tell the lie that you are trying to encourage game play, but beating up on solo players does just the opposite.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:12 pm

ArcticPrism wrote:
I think the real problem is jailing players. They're literally not allowed to play if they are hunted down and jailed regularly. Migration has a 48 hour cooldown and costs credits otherwise. As far as being constantly targeted by attacks, there's really just barely anyone to fight so they have plenty of time to focus on one person.
Great point that exposes the lie that these pinheads are trying to encourage game play. I hadn't played for months, logged on settled a little land, came back 2 days later to find one tile jailed.

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:19 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:42 pm
Tupac wrote:
SkyHunter wrote:

You are so conceited you don't have a clue. I wasn't trying to play against the best, I was just trying to play. You and your pinhead minions wouldn't let me. I was wiped and kept from coming back before I was high enough level to even reach the Fire.

You built a team to dominate the game, in order to feed your ego. You beat down any potential competition long before they become a threat, and then crow on gen chat about how awesome you are. You tell the lie that you are trying to encourage game play, but beating up on solo players does just the opposite.
We do encourage game play. We are helping other players. We do help spread understanding of game mechanics. I guess you weren't logged in for that part?

Sorry, you got wiped? Sorry, we play the game the way it was designed. There is no rule about wiping teams, solo players, and every single player in the game if it got that far. I just watched the tutorial, and played by it. It teaches you to use defenses, wipe, and checker nations. You must of got confused on that part.

A solo player is never going to survive against a team unless they are super aggressive and play a lot. Maybe he will make a server for the players that want to play solo. Still doesn't mean they won't team together, and repeat.

This is my eyes continues to show the caliber and quality of players.

The map will expand soon. You will stand a far better chance at that point.
ArcticPrism wrote:
So migrate? I mean in our case we usually jail those that harass us over and over. Probably in the case of Sky that happened. You can continue to migrate and move around if you wish.

Players are always going to get mad when they aren't winning. It is like that any game. Luckily we have managed to hold on this long. On steam release and the map expanding it will prevent us from locking it down. Maybe they will have another server for other players who can only play so much, but you can't log in for an hour a day or two, and come back the next day expecting to have anything at all.

What is going to happen when the game scales to 5000 players? When they are daily wiping everyone and anyone? You going to complain then too or just quit? None of you think about that.

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Also maybe you guys haven't noticed in your gameplay. We assume that he has probably watched our game play. A lot of things have been tweaked to slow us down.

Examples:
  • Uniting Nation A -> Nation B -> Nation C
  • Slowing of the splash attack time
  • No longer able to evac and attack at the same time even though we do have multi actions (Still confused about that)
  • Multiple Devices logged in
This game has never been ruled by a solo player, and it isn't designed for them too against a team. Technically we all run as solo nations in a pack. Manpower prevents teams. The major problem I've seen is everyone doesn't understand the mechanics, and fails to come to grips with them. I just see you complain to get another rule, and complain again that it didn't work, because we are still the top dogs at this point in the game. We will continue playing like we do.

SkyHunter

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Tupac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm
Also maybe you guys haven't noticed in your gameplay. We assume that he has probably watched our game play. A lot of things have been tweaked to slow us down.

Examples:
  • Uniting Nation A -> Nation B -> Nation C
  • Slowing of the splash attack time
  • No longer able to evac and attack at the same time even though we do have multi actions (Still confused about that)
  • Multiple Devices logged in
This game has never been ruled by a solo player, and it isn't designed for them too against a team. Technically we all run as solo nations in a pack. Manpower prevents teams. The major problem I've seen is everyone doesn't understand the mechanics, and fails to come to grips with them. I just see you complain to get another rule, and complain again that it didn't work, because we are still the top dogs at this point in the game. We will continue playing like we do.
You are so missing the point. And spare me your phony apologies. You are not sorry and you know it. You are the one who had me jailed for having the gall to settle some land. You care ONLY about your precious ego.

King of the pinheads, long live the king!

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm

SkyHunter wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:39 pm

You are so missing the point. And spare me your phony apologies. You are not sorry and you know it. You are the one who had me jailed for having the gall to settle some land. You care ONLY about your precious ego.

King of the pinheads, long live the king!
It was sarcasm. I am not sorry for playing the game. Anything else? :D

slayer454

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Here's the deal..Spitfire thought they could kick a 74 year old player around with no repercussion. They was wrong. I personally made sure they was kicked out of vetland by our newly formed team. This is a WAR game. We are not here to give anything to anyone. If you want it.. come and take it....Case closed.

Tupac

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:48 pm

slayer454 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:44 pm
Here's the deal..Spitfire thought they could kick a 74 year old player around with no repercussion. They was wrong. I personally made sure they was kicked out of vetland by our newly formed team. This is a WAR game. We are not here to give anything to anyone. If you want it.. come and take it....Case closed.
I wish they had a like button :D

• Information