Dijnn portal

When a bug being discussed in Report Bugs has been fixed, its thread is moved into here.
Duke
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:51 am

Ok so If a player attacks and wins against a dijnn portal, and then evacs that square. The portal should not attack my squares anymore right? I am still being attacked by a dijnn portal that belongs to noone. When It wins against me, it gives the squares it wins back to the original holder of the portal.... bug?

Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 am

I think what happens is, another djinni portal attacked you, maybe it was still invisible. Or some djinni portal captured that other one back and then it looked like it was attacking. I havent seen this myself though.

Duke

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:43 am

It was an evacuated land piece. After many times of experiencing this I captured one, evacted it, logged out, logged into another name, looked to verify it was evacted land, then logged back in an proceeded with my attacks. The tower came alive and started capturing my stuff again.

Sphinx

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 am

Djinni portals attack also evaced land, that its owners buildings, this is normal.

Duke

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Why would an evaced dijin tower still help the opponent? That's messed up

Mike
Site Admin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:33 pm

A Djinn Tower might attack an evaced square (to recapture it), but an evaced Djinn Tower shouldn't be able to attack anything. Is that still happening? If so what are the coords of the tower?

Loki

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:20 pm

I have seen this a few times myself on djinn towers attacked when evaced. It generally happens if a second djinn that is not evaced triggers at the same time. Is it possible the code is reading for the evacced djinn at the same time as an owned one nearby??? I have only seen this when otehr djinn towers in range also activate. Maybe a premature captured square is activating

Mike
Site Admin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Oh, hmmm... what could be happening is that one Djinn Portal (still owned by the nation that built it) gets triggered, and recaptures a second Djinn Portal that is was no longer owned by the nation that built it. Now that the second Djinn Portal is recaptured, it can also be triggered, even though the clients still see it as not having been recaptured. So, it could trigger in those few seconds before the recapturing of the Djinn Portal shows up to the clients, but after the server knows it's been recaptured. I'll look into that, and make sure it can't get triggered until after it's been fully recaptured, and shows as recaptured to the clients.

Loki

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Is anyone experiencing this when only 1 djinn is in the area and it is shadowed/evacuated???

Duke

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

Like I said before, I evaced the tower and then logged out. I went to a different nation and then came back and still the tower was vacant, but the second I made a move, the tower would activate and start wiping me. Even when there isn't a second tower around. I don't have the coords, it was at empires shadow orb if you can find that

• Information