Dijnn portal

When a bug being discussed in Report Bugs has been fixed, its thread is moved into here.
Sphinx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:29 am

There are lots of djinni portals around that shadow orb. I think Mike's explanation is correct. The other djinni portals captured this one back and it started attacking right away. On server side it was instant, on client side it wasn't.

Loki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:17 pm

18s 566w Is the shadow he is mentioning.. i cannot reach it. Not sure which tile the djinn is on or if there is more than 1.

Duke

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Spinx, i gad hit the bottom corner tower and then evaced it. No other towered triggered. You all keep going back to assuming that another tower simply retook that tower before I had a chance to evac it. Tell me then, how was I able to verify from TWO different accounts that the square that the tower is on was empty and not owned by anyone. It was shaded out like all structures do when they are no longer owned. I verified that it was empty before advancing my attack. I was able to replicate this several times.

Sphinx

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:06 pm

I believe you that it was evaced. But the point is, there are other djinni towers around. As soon as you attack anything, the other djinni portals will take back the evaced tile. Once it is taken back, it can start attacking again. What could have happened, was that the taking back was instant and then started attacking right away, the animation for the square wasnt finished and it looked like the evaced tile was attacking.

Duke

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Why would the other dijinn towers take back an evaced square? If neither person owns the square, the other towers theoretically shouldn't be targeting it.

Sphinx

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Djinni towers do, thats their thing.

Mike
Site Admin

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:09 pm

I've looked through the code and haven't figured out how it can be doing this. (The "rebuild" timer should prevent a Djinn Portal from activating until a minute after it's been recaptured.) So I've added logging that should help me figure out what's going on when it happens next. If any of you see this happen again could you post here what time it happened at, and roughly the map coords? Thanks.

Dev

Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:28 am

This has happened a few times, the portal shows up like this as deactivated and on an empty square, I clicked to settle the land and the attack bar popped up and the portal went off.

Happened about 11:15-11:20 pm eastern time.

Also noticed the Keraunocon is going off too, even though it's empty.

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:11 am

Thanks for the info -- I think I've fixed it. And if not, I've added more logging to help narrow it down further. Let me know if this problem is seen again (and if so, what time and at what coords).

Mike
Site Admin

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:48 am

No reports of this in almost a month, so I'm considering it successfully fixed.

• Information