State of the Community

Anything and everything related to War of Conquest.
ArcticPrism
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 am

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:39 pm

Mike wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 am
I think a lot of the present problems are due to there being so few players. In the next few weeks the plan is to put the game on Steam and do some marketing. Once we have an influx of new players, we'll be able to get a better idea of what issues still need to be addressed.

Also, a few responses to some comments in this thread:
We were told that no resets were going to happen. Mike is this true? Do we need to expect this? Are we going to one account? If so I think you should let everyone know these things a month before Steam Launch. Due to all the nations, and work some of us have put effort into.
Yes, the plan is still that there will be no reset. If the number of players justifies it once the game is on Steam, I'm all set to launch additional servers, which will of course start from scratch with their orb lists, ranks, etc.

Will each server have its own map? I think it would be important to maintain the server being fresh since the current map is completely mapped out already. I think I saw somewhere that everything is randomized except for orb placement which would significantly reduce development time.

Chuck
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:39 am

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:45 pm

Pac and his team would be happy if everyone quit and just had the map to themselves. Why not just buy the game and turn it into a private server for yourselves? No one can compete against you, and the rest of us don't have the time or money to gang up against you, so all the boasting and showing off, although it's clearly significant to you guys, to alot of us it's abit shallow. To put it in Football terms, its like Real Madrid holding a celebration for defeating Genk. Yes it's a war game, but wiping everyone out just because you can is a poor way to play.

Tupac
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 am

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:03 pm

We just play hardcore. Sorry it’s a problem for a lot of you. We just enjoying playing at a fast pace. It is a war game, and I’m sorry you don’t like that. We aren’t going to change how we play for any of you. We play to the max on how the game is designed, and what the rules allow us to do.

SkyHunter
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Chuck wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:45 pm
Pac and his team would be happy if everyone quit and just had the map to themselves. Why not just buy the game and turn it into a private server for yourselves? No one can compete against you, and the rest of us don't have the time or money to gang up against you, so all the boasting and showing off, although it's clearly significant to you guys, to alot of us it's abit shallow. To put it in Football terms, its like Real Madrid holding a celebration for defeating Genk. Yes it's a war game, but wiping everyone out just because you can is a poor way to play.
They already have this one pretty much to themselves. Nobody wants to play with pinheads.

It is the same as the old WOC, a few veteran teams running continuously, and beating up on single, casual, and new players. Then strutting and crowing about how awesome they are. They took me out in the midlands months ago and wouldn't even let me settle land.

I suggest finding another game to play, the pinheads have ruined this one.

Surfa
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:03 am

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:33 pm

You guys cry in the forum and we come and defend ourselves and then you say we brag? A team is going to dominate a game based on team play and domination. Because you dont have friends or time is not our problem. Keep complaining, calling us pinheads, asking mike to change the rules for you, etc. If you actually cared about playing you wouldn't go out of your way to annoy the people who are wiping you. It seems you just like to hear, or read in this case, yourself talk. Have fun with that, and we will continue to have fun our way.
"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?"

SkyHunter
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:45 pm

Surfa wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:33 pm
You guys cry in the forum and we come and defend ourselves and then you say we brag? A team is going to dominate a game based on team play and domination. Because you dont have friends or time is not our problem. Keep complaining, calling us pinheads, asking mike to change the rules for you, etc. If you actually cared about playing you wouldn't go out of your way to annoy the people who are wiping you. It seems you just like to hear, or read in this case, yourself talk. Have fun with that, and we will continue to have fun our way.
You wouldn't let me play. But you can't stop me from commenting.

The game sux because of pinheads like you playing it.

Surfa
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:03 am

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 am

The game sucks for you because you suck at it, you antagonize people that are better then you, and you dont want to put in the time to do anything. There are people playing right now we are not wiping, and we have just added two or three more people to our team. It seems you are the one that has the issue, not us or the game.
"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?"

SkyHunter
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Surfa wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 am
The game sucks for you because you suck at it, you antagonize people that are better then you, and you dont want to put in the time to do anything. There are people playing right now we are not wiping, and we have just added two or three more people to our team. It seems you are the one that has the issue, not us or the game.
I was wiped in midlands when I was still learning the game. For absolutely no reason. I didn't antagonize anyone. Because I retaliated, the pinhead king has decreed that I cannot play.

So **** you pinhead.

Surfa
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:03 am

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Yeah, and I am sure you were just sitting there silent doing nothing and getting wiped. Clearly you like to see yourself talk more than thinking about anything you say or trying to be tactical. I got no time to deal with angry little boys, so good day sir!
"Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself?"

SkyHunter
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Surfa wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm
Yeah, and I am sure you were just sitting there silent doing nothing and getting wiped. Clearly you like to see yourself talk more than thinking about anything you say or trying to be tactical. I got no time to deal with angry little boys, so good day sir!
I wasn't even online pinhead. I hadn't hit anyone's res or main. I was still in the midlands learning to play.

It is not about tactics. If I come onto the server I get wiped. That has been the status quo for months. So I don't even log on anymore. I just come here because I was told not to.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests