Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
In-game chat can offer entertainment, friendship, community, and advice. It’s intended to be a positive addition to the gameplay experience. To prevent a few players from ruining the chat experience for everyone else, there are a set of chat rules to follow. Violations of these chat rules can be reported (see above) and may lead to warnings, chat bans, or even game bans in extreme cases.
Comprehensive lists of chat rules can be found here:
Here is a brief summary of the chat rules:
- Be community-minded. Express yourself in ways that are constructive and will help to foster the growth of the community. Making comments in the chat channels and forums for the sole purpose of destroying community spirit will not be tolerated.
- Personal verbal attacks are prohibited. Also known as ‘flaming’ these are statements which are designed to personally berate, humiliate, or insult a fellow player on a level that has nothing to do with their gameplaying abilities.
- Personal threats are prohibited. These include threats of any kind of harm outside of the game itself, including threats of violence, hacking, doxing, getting a player fired from their job, etc.
- ‘Newbie’ bashing will not be tolerated. New players are encouraged to participate in the chat channels and forums. All players are expected to be polite and encouraged to be helpful and courteous in their responses.
- Inappropriate discussions are prohibited. Banning from the chat channels and/or forums may result from any of the following: discussions regarding pornography or inappropriately gruesome and/or hideous subjects; discriminatory remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; excessive obscene or vulgar language; the discussion of illegal activity; or providing links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.
- Inappropriate nation and/or player names are prohibited. Muting and banning from the chat channels and/or forums, and renaming of said accounts and/or nations may result if the name contains any of the following: words or phrases that are sexually explicit, obscene, discriminatory, racially or ethnically offensive.
- Spamming and/or flooding the chat are prohibited. Spamming is where a player repeatedly enters the same text, or garbage text into chat, causing the chat log to scroll or fill up with this text. Generally speaking, repeating the same text more than a 2-3 times in a short span of time will be considered spam.
- Other prohibited activities include: hate-mongering; impersonating a War of Conquest representative or a fellow player; sharing copyrighted material; advertising; hacking and discussion of hacking; sharing one account among multiple players; modifying or reverse-engineering the client code.
Next: Chat Commands